style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

the laywer merely read out the bailiffs letter on the phone. He said 'i know you are probably wanting to sue for costs, but they have mentioned in their letter that this payment is in full and final settlement, which may effect your ongoing issue with them'

I said 'why didnt you ask them for your fees in any event' He said 'i wouldnt be able to get any fees money from them as the law doesnt allow your costs' Rubbish

It is a high street solicitor. Isn't an experienced litigator then

I am going to ask for a copy of the file anyway as someone said on here i think it was - Joncris, it is my property anyway. It is you paid for it

He was a bit useless, like a burnt out lamp, but then they all are arent they. No they are most certainly not In these days of the web you failed to do some research before selecting a lawyer Horses for courses

If anyone knows of a solicitor that bites like a big dog and doesnt let go let me know for the future!

See red

Guest Happy Contrails
I said 'why didnt you ask them for your fees in any event' He said 'i wouldnt be able to get any fees money from them as the law doesnt allow your costs' Rubbish

The lawyer might have been referring to Part 45 of the civil procedure rules. It disallows a claimant recovering solicitors fees in monetary claims less than £5,000.

Guest Happy Contrails

Part 45 CPR allows claimants to claim fixed costs, thats court fees and disbursements. Im not an expert in Civil procedure litigation so I could be wrong in my understanding of Part 45