style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I am just about to make a JSA claim as I have just been made redundunt, but in a few weeks I would like to pay for a four week course to learn a new skill to improve my job prospects, but I have unbelievably just been told by a friend that I will not be entitled to JSA because of this course.

How can this possibly be true as the course would hopefully get me back into employment quicker, I thought this was the whole idea of JSA ie. to help you back into work, I'm even paying for the course myself!!

Anyway if this is the case would I sign off for the duration of the course then sign straight back on again any ideas anyone,

thanks for any replies

Hi I am just about to make a JSA claim as I have just been made redundunt, but in a few weeks I would like to pay for a four week course to learn a new skill to improve my job prospects, but I have unbelievably just been told by a friend that I will not be entitled to JSA because of this course.

How can this possibly be true as the course would hopefully get me back into employment quicker, I thought this was the whole idea of JSA ie. to help you back into work, I'm even paying for the course myself!!

Anyway if this is the case would I sign off for the duration of the course then sign straight back on again any ideas anyone,

thanks for any replies

It does sound bonkers, but nothing would surprise me. The more one appears to help them self, the less you appear to have..:?

If the course is full time then the way it is seen is that during that time you will not be able to fulfill your JSA conditions as you will not be available for interview, etc. Although, you want to do the course to help your chances to get a new job it's not counted as jobseeking.