Really concerned now!!!!

glynn tappenden
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I agree, but even if / when the charges do come down to a more reasonable level, then what? Even if they're only £5 per charge, people will still continue to be charged from poor management of their accounts, only this time they may find themselves unable to reclaim those charges after fighting so hard for them to be 'reduced to resonable levels'. So what is the plan of action then? Perhaps another forum offering free accounting advice?

So you agree that private institutions, run for the benefit of shareholders for profit are allowed to levy unlawful punitive charges with impunity?

Of course I do, but as I said previously, aren't people learning from these mistakes? Some have won their claims, then continue receving charges on their account.

Some are, but then maybe some do not have the benefit of you obvious intellect and abilities or income. Many people cannot avoid bank charges because they simply do not have enough money, rather like you in fact.

I believe some people are having accoutns closed after taking their bank to court, I also know that people who continue to behave like this, abusing their account, do have their accoutns closed. Maybe not all but it happens.

Why do I think they carry on allowing this to happen? That's obvious, because they are profiting, however, when that stops, why should banks continue to allow transactions to go through if there are insufficient funds in an account? The answer is, they won't. When it no longer benefits them I wouldn't be surprised if they put an end to unarranged borrowing, etc. Instead, people won't have the funds in their account, they'l find payments aren't going through, etc, and inevitably end up in deeper water (with debtors) than simply being charged by the bank

Why does this concern you? It seems that you simply want to argue with somebody.

The simple truth is that the banks will continue to levy disproportionate charges and will continue to profit from them and the few of us that reclaim them will be nothing more than a minor annoyance to their huge in-house legal departments.

The sea-change you describe is not coming, not for a long time. It suits the banks to allow payments to bounce, to disallow DD payments and to have customers exceed overdraft limits because this is how they make such huge profits. The moneylending business is not nearly as profitable as the penalty charging business.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

Danmoz, why don't you actually help the poor individual who started this thread, , give them a copy of your super spreadsheet, as unfortunatley not all of us are great with spreadsheets like you. I am a professionally qualified person, working on computers all day & dealing with large companies insurance all day, I wouldn't know how to make a spreadsheet, does that make me incompetent.

I have been in trouble for years, basically due to being young, stupid, and also a father of 2 lovely children from the age of 20. I've had a mortagage since i was 20 due to my comitments, and i've been skint since, and getting charged regulary, 100 spreadsheets wouldn't have helped, as i had more going out then comming in.

Sorry to go on such a rant, but your comment has angered me, as we are all in the same situation and in need of help, not someone tryng to big and making others feel small.

PLEASE TAKE NOTE:

All users of our site are expected to act in a manner that would not cause offence.

This thread seems to have degenerated into a slanging match

and it will not be tolerated.

If any more instances of a personal nature are seen here, they will be removed and the users given notice of their imminent departure from the site.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

PLEASE TAKE NOTE:

All users of our site are expected to act in a manner that would not cause offence.

This thread seems to have degenerated into a slanging match

and it will not be tolerated.

If any more instances of a personal nature are seen here, they will be removed and the users given notice of their imminent departure from the site.

I'd like to think that intelligent debate was welcome here, some users have shown they're okay to discuss things whilst others just go on a defensive tirade. You can't deny I've raised some valid points though. It's all very well helping people get their money back, but what happens once that's run its course? As I stated earlier, they're still going to facing the same issues but with the possibility they won't be able to get a refund.

It's a shame two members of the mod team felt they had to intervene, meanwhile there are members posting threads pleading for help and who promptly go ignored.

• Sad 1

I would just like to inform people that my husband is a taxi driver who has worked extremely hard all his working life and been very careful with our finances until when he was at work,driving, a drunk driver ,3 times over the legal limit and speeding at twice the legal limit crashed into the side of my husbands car his means of earning a living which was written off,.and he was put in hospital for a long time.Thankfully after 2 years he has made a full recovery,although our finances are not so healthy,and I am sure the majority of people on this site have other non fault problems too ,so perhaps people who have nothing constructive to say could just keep their opinions to themselves and leave the site open to the people who are kind enough to help us poor souls with their nonjudgemental advice

Guest NATTIE

Glynn, normally I try to avoid the petty inconsiderate and unhelpful comments. A majority of people on this site have similar stories and hardships. So to everyone else I reiterate, HELPFUL COMMENTS OR DON'T COMMENT.

The answer is yes you can pay your loan from another bank account that isn't NatWest. Hope that HELPS

Guest Niklowe

Glynn,

natweststaffmember is here to help of his own accord. be polite to him. He's acting on his own behalf to help others. If his employers found out they would sack him.

Glynn

I'm really sorry to hear of the history that has put you into so much debt. I know where you are coming from as my other half lost his business through the actions of another and we ended up in severe debt. We are lucky that we had family to help, but they can only do so much as I am sure you found out. I'm glad that you're getting your life on track and I wish you luck with your claims.

Sue x

Abbey National - Prelim request 15th August 2006 £1275.50 offer of £299 - declined

Nat West- Prelim request 15th August 2006 £235.00 refused refund

MBNA - Prelim request 15th August 2006 £704.00 offer of £300 - declined

Hi Glynn, after reading this i feel i need to add on. I do not agree with things put into page one and im very sorry you have had this on coming to this site.

We all help here and are most helpfull as you will see and one person has decided thats not the case. Im now £10,000 in debt and to be quite honest i actually blame this on NatWest but i know i won't get anywhere with that. As im sure you will know like me we aren't living on the edge but have this debt behind us whilst living. NatWest gave me a loan under 18 so i will be seeking a refund of all my charges. I wish you the best of luck in your quest to seek advise and claim back anything you are rightfully owed. You are in the right place, there are people on this site who help over and above the call of duty.

Again, good luck.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

The answer is yes you can pay your loan from another bank account that isn't NatWest. Hope that HELPS

Glynn, apologies for the brief hijack, but I just wanted to clarify this from NWSM: Are there any cases that you are aware where it would be part of the condition that the loan IS paid from a NWB account? Part of the reason I got into trouble with them a few yrs back was because when I moved accounts, they didn't transfer the loan d/d to my new bank, and insisted the loan HAD to be paid through a NWB account, which I fought them over for months, as I couldn't see anything to that effect in the loan T&Cs.

Guest NATTIE

If it isn't in the T&C's and NW say it has to be serviced(paid for) from an NW account I would challenge NW to provide the relevant part which states it has to.