Vehicle insurance cancelled.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all. Earlier this year I took out a policy with Swintons to insure my motorcycle.

I set up a DD to pay it monthly. unfortunately one month it did not go out and Swintons immediately cancelled the policy with no negotiations my way.

They are now asking for the remainder of this policy to be paid or they send in the collectors.

Am I understanding correctly that I do not have to pay because they failed to provide the service contracted? i.e 12 months insurance.

any advice greatly recieved.

Guest Thebailiff

I have been through this before and i paid up as they said i had paid for a service which i accepted and did not continue to pay for. I wrote in saying i had cancled the isurance by writing in to there head office a month before the canceled DD. they wrote back saying it was the wrong address and payment in full was needed.

I then wrote back saying the registered office is the office for recieving all legal documents and correspondance and so i sent it there.

They wrote back asking for %50 of the balance in full and final and they took off charges for missing payment and so on. its was only about £100 in total so £50 was better than Full balance.