Losing your fear of Debt!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

Just felt like saying a big big thanks to everyone on cag, I joined quite sometime ago now and although I have the occasional dca send me a letter, my life has been so much more peacefull since I became a member. I have not been coming on here as much as I used to , but reading through some of the posts has reminded me how great this site is!! I'm going to put a lot more effort into becoming a more active member as I feel I really do owe cag my peace of mind!!( I even have some savings now, which has never happened before!!!)

Thankyou everyone who has contributed to my sanity!!!:D

Nice to hear things are getting better, I'm that many people using this site feel the same as you. It is great when you no longer fear what the postman brings. Hopefully new members will see your post and realise that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

sleepingdog

CAG has brought me a wonderful peace of mind too :) :)

By posting on here, and hopefully helping others, I like to think that I'm bringing a bit of the same sort of misery on DCAs that they brought on me for a few years before I discovered CAG.

well my depression has lifted a bit since joining you caggers. im even ready to start work and have had a few interviews this week. im still in debt but feel armed with more knowledge. im sleeping better and feel happier. ty all xxxxxx

funny this be here today

normally if a debt collection letter dropped in the door i would be worried

but i got one today for £3.500 when i opened it i just laughed

and thought here we go again LOL

I have no fear of the scumbags anymore

CAG helped me beat my Lowells 2 debts :D:p

then I beat co-op costing them court fees :D:roll:

CAG is the most empowering site I've ever been a member of.

You don't get judged, you get help and advice to sort your own problems. Neither do you get 'babysited' as the help and advice encourages you to deal with it all personally, and in a sane, methodical way.

Before joining here I was a total wreck and dreaded the postamn and the phone. Now I'm rid of my alleged debts I can sleep at night and not worry so much about what the postman brings (or not during these strikes lol).

I thank the day I called Nationaldebtline and was advised extremly well about how to manage my DCA hell and was also pointed in the direction of CAG.

Things didn't miraculously get better overnight but I started to see that these vicious clowns had no real power unless they took me to court. The court would have treated me gently as I'm disabled and on a very low income.

A lot of the conversations I've had with various DCAs before becoming a member of CAG had me in tears and scared out of my wits, but then I got TS involved and they started playing fair. Just goes to show what you can achieve if you have someone to help.

My reward and donations now are my time and effort put back in to helping others on here and for that I'm eternally grateful. You cannot put a price on what this site offers and gives freely to those in trouble.

YAY FOR CAG :D

• 2 weeks later...
CAG is the most empowering site I've ever been a member of.

You don't get judged, you get help and advice to sort your own problems. Neither do you get 'babysited' as the help and advice encourages you to deal with it all personally, and in a sane, methodical way.

Before joining here I was a total wreck and dreaded the postamn and the phone. Now I'm rid of my alleged debts I can sleep at night and not worry so much about what the postman brings (or not during these strikes lol).

I thank the day I called Nationaldebtline and was advised extremly well about how to manage my DCA hell and was also pointed in the direction of CAG.

Things didn't miraculously get better overnight but I started to see that these vicious clowns had no real power unless they took me to court. The court would have treated me gently as I'm disabled and on a very low income.

A lot of the conversations I've had with various DCAs before becoming a member of CAG had me in tears and scared out of my wits, but then I got TS involved and they started playing fair. Just goes to show what you can achieve if you have someone to help.

My reward and donations now are my time and effort put back in to helping others on here and for that I'm eternally grateful. You cannot put a price on what this site offers and gives freely to those in trouble.

YAY FOR CAG :D

:D:D:D:D:D:D

The debt/finance industry has created many myths over the years.

Everyone thought DCA's had powers over people = how wrong that turned out to be.

Everyone sadly still things that credit reports have this almighty significance in society etc.. = how wrong that will turn out to be eventually as well in the near future.

We have simply been brainwashed and been a victim of the industry & big business in general...

That is no more and people now realize that being in debt is nothing to be ashamed of.

Thank goodness for the internet, thank goodness for forums like this & thank goodness that slowly but surely, the financial establishment is being brought to its knees :)

• Haha 1

I agree with Mr Ton. I've recently moved and in getting bills sorted out NOBODY wants to do a credit check.... I think they have realised that by credit checking existing customers they will loose good customers and that the credit check doesn't really indicate much anymore as too many people (ie DCAs - and unregulated third parties) have their fingers in the pie. I think the credit check has become the 'industry' equivalent of shooting the goose which laid the golden egg.

I had a letter from one of the companies involved in my reposession three years ago threatening to charge £100 for sending round an independent debt counsellor if they had no reply in 7 days. TOUGH - they arent an independent debt counsellor at all and they ain't coming near me.

I still think bankruptcy is on the cards but until the other company involved sort out their refund due to me I am sitting tight.

They can't enforce further what they have already taken so I can't see what they want now. Theyve had both stone and blood and tears so now they can sing in return.

Thanks CAG for making me feel I am not the only person in the world with these kind of problems.

The simple fact is that there are very few people left in this country now who dont have a bad credit report/rating to one extent or another.

This is one of the main reasons why the banks wont lend anymore even though they've been bailed out - the system wont let them effectivley.

The country is drowned is debt, defaults,CCJ's etc...

The rest of the world is out of recession - Britain is not, that tells you everything about what a mess the whole thing is.

The personal debt mess/credit file system, is a big problem for the government in this country.

This forum is the most uplifting site I could ever have visited - no other site comes close.

We're in a mess financially but have now started to take control of the situation precisely by following the advice given on here.

When people start to feel under so much pressure & they need help, CAG gives it in abundance - non-judgemental & free....awesome! :D

I also agree with all the previous comments. Nobody visits family or friends and proclaims they are £20k+ in unmanageable debt, it is something most people keep to themselves and so the pressure builds up and eventually becomes unbearable. Thats when caggers come to the rescue.

We then start to see the dcas as they really are, vultures on the debt/guilt-ridden souls desperate for help.

Bullying on the 'phone is a speciality of the threatmonkeys, when you find that they can't do FA, you start to sleep/eat better and begin to think straight again.

I only found this site because of such telephone calls. Enough was enough.

After 2 Years of litigation and court hearings, I am at the end of my "tunnel". With 1 CCJ, and boy, did I make them work for that!

This is my personal "tightener"

Intersections in Real Time

John Sheridan:You know, it’s funny, I was thinking about what you said, that the pre-eminent truth of our age is that you cannot fight the system. But if, as you say, the truth is fluid, that the truth is subjective, then maybe you can fight the system. As long as just one person refuses to be broken, refuses to bow down.

Interrogator: But can you win?

John Sheridan: Every time I say “no.”

Video-

Bill

For the past few years my wife has gone through bouts of depression, some severe, and it is only recently, when we were taken to court for rent arrears, and had to ask for the help of a debt advisory charity, that I came to know of just how much we were in trouble.

I am in no way putting blame on my wife, quite the opposite, she thought that she was saving me from the stress that she was going through, trying to deal with it all on her own, but of course things snowballed and suddenly we had a dozen wolves at the door.

It is with great thanks to this site and the advice given by people who have either been through or can empathise with people who for whatever reason find themselves in these positions, that I am trying to show my wife that all is not lost, and a lot, sorry loads of people are going through the same problems, and by coming together on this site we can discuss and find ways of dealing with our demons, and believe me, it is really hard to get this across at times, but I believe that it can be done.

Just don't give up,

Don't give in

TOTN

Never mind, it could be raining!