clueless about benefits plz help

MakeToastNotWar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hope somebody can gimme a bit of help

i just recently moved into a new address with my girlfriend and new baby

im claiming incapacity benefit and she was claiming income support

she just found out that they stopped her income support ( never got a letter saying this tho) because shes not a lone parent anymore

what if any other benefit is she entitled to?

shes waitin to here about child tax credits but when she filled that form in she was on income support and (obviously) now shes not will that affect the child tax credits application?

any help would be appreciated

Hi

Good place to go is CAB they know all the things you can claim. I know of lots of people who have gone there and found out there was loads of other benefits which they were entitled to but never even knew about.

SD

I have no legal training and any knowledge I possess is based on my own experiences

Previously on the forum as Diamond Girl but still having problems logging back in

You can get an idea of entitlement by using this site, but it is just a guide: Start Calculation

She will need to get in touch with Tax Credit, as the claim will be based upon her income support payments and if she claimed as a single person for tax credit, she will now need to end that claim from the date you began to live together/stopped receiving IS and start a joint claim with you, otherwise she could end up with a discrepancy which could result in them recovering any money they pay. Any money she was entitled to as a single person will still be paid once they work out her entitlement.

Any questions, just ask away!

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)