Tesco won't refund my money for a broken TV

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5285 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

true - everyone used to do that!! Don't think it works anymore though, they just send the vans to addresses who don't have a licence I reckon.

what..of course it works..there is no such thing as the 'van' !

there are a few Vans kitted out and there are hand held devices,

these device's work on a very simple principle by monitoring the IF frequency's , which do radiate RF its very easy to tell what channel is being watched

something like 80% + of visits are because computer records show No Licence held, even in the old days there were Dummy Vans, they just had to be seen in an area and most people would go and get a Licence

I had great fun with them once came knocking on my door , I stood there winding the guy right up tell him that I also had 2 tv transmitters and did regular broadcast daily, he got straight on the phone was shouting almost down the phone that he had caught a a TV Pirate station , closed the door on him made a phone call to which was the radio agency in them days, told the senior guy there that the twit didnt have a clue what he was on about , and confirmed that I do hold the correct Licence ( RADIO HAM ) and a TV licence which of course they checked in seconds , and five minutes later the guy came back , said sorry he had knocked on the wrong door in the first place.

You don't need to receipt to get a refund, they can trace sales with the Staff Discount Card it is only them being Lazy that they won't go out the back and get it up in the back office. Funny they know your sales and can easily pull you up with queries on purchases made though your card. This is between Tesco and Goodmans as the sellers and manufacturers you will have to have some proof that you have bought the TV from Tesco hence why they won't accept it as you paid cash, and have no receipt. Keep getting at them for the staff discount logs. There is no point in taking them to court as it is a waste of time for the courts and you still have no proof of purchase!