Parking Fine - Morrisons

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I have been issued with parking fine by CP Plus limited at Morrisons. The car park had a maxiumum stay of 2 hrs which i was aware of. I parked up and first went to the gym next to the Morrisons store. I then went to Morrisons to do my shop. When i went to my car (1.5hrs later) i seen a parking notice on my window. I have since checked the signs and they do say you cant leave the grounds of the supermarket however i wasnt aware of this and feels the fine is harsh. The parking att. has written "seen leaving site (sports centre)". What is the best why to go about this? Ive read in alot of places to just ignore it until they write to you but wont this just increase the fee?

many thanks

First of all, realise that this is NOT a fine.

It is an unenforcible [problem] invoice, which has no basis in law.

Don't write to them.

Don't email them.

Don't phone them.

Don't respond to any of their letters.

Just IGNORE.

You will get a few letters, each one threatening more and more dire consequences if you don't pay.

You will then get a couple from a "debt collection agency". Those are written by the monkey at the next desk.

If you are really lucky, you'll then get letters from a "solicitor". These will be written by either the teaboy or the office cleaner, depending on whose turn it is that week.

Their modus operandi is to try to frighten you into paying their [problem].

RESIST!

Ignore.

IGNORE.

IGNORE!

If that doesn't work, just ignore them some more.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

What is the best why to go about this? Ive read in alot of places to just ignore it until they write to you but wont this just increase the fee?

many thanks

Yes ignore is the best route. And yes you will get letters swith ever increasing sums demanded. This is a ppc wet dream that will come to nothing.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Until they find an easier mug to chase!

Ignore.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

This sounds like the Morrisons in my town. The Sport Centre is right next door and people always park in Morrisons and hop over the wall and go in. They will no doubt be popping tickets on everyone doing this in the hope that somebody will pay.

As advised, IGNORE. It will soon all go away.

Sploits :p

<----------- If I have helped in any way please click on my scales :p

CP Plus are well known scamsters.

Expect 5 or 6 letters from them and their powerless debt collectors.

Some people like to fill their trolleys in the supermarket and then abandon it with a note saying they have to rush back to the car to check they haven't got a ticket.

I think the chance is miniscule to nil. If they ever did turn up (which i highly doubt they will) then stick your head out of an upstairs window and tell them to go forth and multiply.I am yet to see a "doorstep collection agent" turn up for anything like this so dont worry about anything

Sploits

<----------- If I have helped in any way please click on my scales :p

No profit in driving around knocking on doors on the off chance people are in. And even if someone is in, they can't actually do anything.

Unless you live just round the corner from their office, no chance of a 'visit'.

Found out the other day that 80% of doors go unanswered during working hours. Which is why these companies just don't bother.

CP Plus signs are stupid enough to mention penalty's on the signs. A definite no-no if you are trying to enforce something under contract law. I checked the signs at one of their stores (Newcastle Under Lyme) today and it's the same total rubbish it's been for the last couple of years.

You have more chance of winning the lottery than seeing a debt collector over this matter.

1. Ignore

2. Ignore

3. Ignore

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there is no chance of anyone turning up at my door is there?

My two rottweilers, killer & ripper deal with any such cold callers. The do not respect human rights, apparently!

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.