probate advice

borojohn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5285 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, can anyone please help. My mother recently died, April this year and me and my brother were made the executors of her will. My mother and father were separated at the time of death, but not divorced.

Me and my brother went with a well known legal services company to help us sort out the probate and the estate. We were told that everything was finalised, and the grant had been issued and we are in possession of a copy of the grant. Her assets are being cashed, and 80% of the estate would be distributed. This was to happen in a few weeks.

Then all of a sudden they said that there was going to be a further 6 month delay. As my mother and father had not divorced, my father was entitled to make a claim on the estate, so there was a 6 month period that he had to do this. My father has no intention in starting any such claim. He received half of the proceeds of the house sale when they separated.

Is there anything that can be done to stop this 6 month wait? Can my father go to a solicitor and get something drafted and legally binding to say that he has no plans to make a claim on the estate?

Thanks for any help.