Lloyds credit card

bsj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5283 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My husband has just had a call from Lloyds bank,they have offered to convert his credit card debt into a bank loan.

We have put in to claim the PPI back,They claimed it was'nt missold so it's with the financial ombudman,we are still waiting to hear the result.

Why would the bank offer to do this out of the blue?

It will save us money as we won't pay nearly £90 in interest every month.

I can't help feel suspicious,should i be,and would you take up the offer if it were you?

What will happen to PPI claim?

Sorry so many questions,i just feel something is'nt right:confused:

My husband has just had a call from Lloyds bank,they have offered to convert his credit card debt into a bank loan.

We have put in to claim the PPI back,They claimed it was'nt missold so it's with the financial ombudman,we are still waiting to hear the result.

Why would the bank offer to do this out of the blue?

It will save us money as we won't pay nearly £90 in interest every month.

I can't help feel suspicious,should i be,and would you take up the offer if it were you?

What will happen to PPI claim?

Sorry so many questions,i just feel something is'nt right:confused:

It is a sales call so if you don't want it don't do it. Would the PPI claim enable you to clear it completely?

If the answer is Yes then don't bother with them.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

It is a sales call so if you don't want it don't do it. Would the PPI claim enable you to clear it completely?

If the answer is Yes then don't bother with them.

The PPI would take a good amount off,the card is £6.000,so with the PPI deducted it would be just over £4,000.

They would expect him to take a loan of the card amount,the agreement is pre april 2007.I have the distinct feeling that's what is behind it,it would mean signing another agreement that would be post 2008,very crafty?.

If he were to go ahead i would want the PPI deducted from the balance.

So the loan amount would be smaller and more affordable.

I think you are crediting them with too much in all honesty since the likelihood is that the call came from your local branch and they aren't that clued up.

Are there any charges on the credit card that remained unclaimed? Could you reclaim charges on the card and reduce the balance even further?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

I think you are crediting them with too much in all honesty since the likelihood is that the call came from your local branch and they aren't that clued up.

Are there any charges on the credit card that remained unclaimed? Could you reclaim charges on the card and reduce the balance even further?

Yes i probably am,the call did come from local branch,there are 2x £12.00,one was because he was 2pence short of the minimum payment:eek:.

So if i claimed them back on his behalf it would'nt make much difference.

They turned him down for a personal loan last year,we did'nt understand why,so we checked his credit file and found a default,that won't fall off untill this time next year.

With that in mind it seem's even more odd they would offer this "deal".

Hence my suspicion.

Yes i probably am,the call did come from local branch,there are 2x £12.00,one was because he was 2pence short of the minimum payment:eek:.

So if i claimed them back on his behalf it would'nt make much difference.

They turned him down for a personal loan last year,we did'nt understand why,so we checked his credit file and found a default,that won't fall off untill this time next year.

With that in mind it seem's even more odd they would offer this "deal".

Hence my suspicion.

The 2 x £12 is still your money and interest on top will still reduce the balance so I would argue that not reclaiming the charges is a mistake but it is your choice to do so.

:)Hello.

I hope someone can help me ...:???:

I get credit card in LLoyds 3.5 years ago. Limit was 5000GBP, beacuse i give the birth baby, i stoped working,i couldn't pay (was about 3500).I didn't paid nearly 1,5year and they charges me insert,together to be paid was 6500 .Finaly i paid all amount 6500 year ago.Just maby someone know,if the charges was fair.I know was a lot of many, and also i didin't paid long time, but now i see LLoyds bank charges unfair charges, and maby they was not right with me...

If someone know low,pleas help me with me questions?!

Thanks

Kind regards

Kinga

Edited by kingaluka7

Guest Old_andrew2018

It is usually done in writing there is a fee £10.00, follow this link to see the template you should use http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/48-bank-templates/110--data-protection-act-1998-subject-access-request-

I noticed that you have a thread on Bank charges also with Lloyd's I wonder if the same SAR can be used, with luck one of the experts might advise.

Andy

The 2 x £12 is still your money and interest on top will still reduce the balance so I would argue that not reclaiming the charges is a mistake but it is your choice to do so.

I'll reclaim them on your advice,i suppose i should'nt let them get away with the charges.