Welcome Finance "help Please"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

can anyone help with the following.

I took a loan out with welcome finance of £2000 and was sold personal accident insurance,term life insurance & credit protection insurance (PPI).This added up to me paying well over triple the loan amount.

I said i did not want the insurance policy's and was told to take the policy schedule and documents home and think it over/read over them and if i still didnt want them i would have thirty days to cancel.

Ok soooo, i then faxed them saying i wanted to cancel the policy's which i think was around the time people started claiming these crooked policy's back. Im assuming that because of this they quite happily cancelled them immediately and told me i would have to meet my loan advisor at northwood hills train station that night in his car which i found very perculiar and unproffesional. They also told me to make sure i bring my contract why i dont no ??? probably to try and cover there tracks.

I met this fella by the name of gavin in his car at the train station and he took the contract from me and handed me a new one which was completely unreadable by any means the text was far too small and inconsist. I said to him i will sign it but i want a new one sent out straight away that i could read it is now 1 year later and I have fallen behind on 1 payment and they are constantly harassing me. Ive tols them i wont be making any payment untill i recieve a readable contract, they then sent me another one completely unreadable. This same process went on & on and I have now asked them literally seven times for a contract I can read and I have recieved three contracts all as bad as eachother which consist of 1 sheet of a4 paper which is impossible to make any sense of what so ever.

They are now telling me I have numerous phone call charges and missed payment charges and all sorts of rubbish. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO HERE TO SALVAGE SOME OF THIS STUPID MISTAKE OF A LOAN DUE TO ITS COMPLETELY UNPROFFESIONAL MANNER. any advice would be muchh appreciated

Please also read through the stickies at the top of the forum for more advice.

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

chrisdone....i have been through similiar with WF try not to worry...take all advice offered on here, and as ppl have said, send subject access request, get the ball rolling. I have not paid wf for 20 months now and my car is still outside my house and being used. they cannot do a damn thing cos it was loan and not HP. nothing they do is secured unless it states so....and even then i would be wary!!!

Good luck!!

you can reclaim all the ppi [in its various forms1] and all the charges for whatever]

yo might it useful to pop along to the welcome finance forum and browse a few threads there & hear about how other have do it too.

go get the Un-welcome for every penny!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...