Cabot and old Morgan Stanley Card

seachan1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I have an old account with Morgan Stanley which I have asked for advice on this forum before. I have sent for a CCA and had letters from Cabot saying they have ben unable to find them.

However, today, I received a huge package with an old agreement and all my statements in photocopy dating back to 2002. I have seen the agreement before but not the statements. I have been advised that it does not have the correct clauses etc on it.

Can somebody advise me if the position has changed at all recently despite the award in the High Court recently going against the borrower

Thanks

Seachan

Take a look at this thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/228950-cabot-having-tin-bath.html

Either Cabots re-creation dept. has been working overtime or, they have unearthed a tomb?

At the end of the day, both of the alleged copies would be better used for decorative purposes in ones downstairs loo!

Edited by angry cat
correction

They are obviously now desperate for money after their recent loss. MSDW didn't issue Default Notices for these accounts before they sold them to Cabot so they were rescinded at the point of sale. Cabot doesn't have any accounts to ask payment on.

Seen quite a few of these in the last few days so obviously Cabot have had a batch of old docs come through...Cabot had one of mine 18 months ago so I expect its in there somewhere and I am awaiting my post with glee.

Live Life-Debt Free

I got exactly the same package last week after a similar delay. Same application form purporting to be a credit agreement, same t & c, statements etc. The t & c's don't look as though they relate to the account. Even included was what looks like their purchase invoice (10% of balance). They must have 100's of these. Cabot-tom Feeders.

Will try to do it asap but got no scanner here. Not that interesting really it's only a printout of numbers.

The application form they sent in response to my CCA request was dated during 2001. The Terms and Conditions accompanying it and purporting to relate to it are issue TC173 01/04 ie from 2004 and someone has even written '2004' on them in pen. I guess they can time travel then.

Others might be the same.

I got one of these ages ago, told Cabot it was illegible, so they sent me another exactly the same!

I enlarged the big section of text above the signature box and sent it to them asking if they could tell me what it said.

They must still be working on it as I have not heard from them for over six months!

Pookey

I'm in the DCA kicking business ..........and business is good!!!!