BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• You're like, super helpful and unhelpful at the same time lol.   What do I search for, I searched form 4, and nothing, I searched claiming compensation and nothing about this.   I can't find the top squares logo.   Can you post a link or tell me what to search.   Sorry if I'm slow.
    • use our custom google search box  click our top squares logo it should appear on that page   dx
    • Apologies, I haven't used a forum for years!!   I defo wish to keep the 2 issues separate, sorry!   My only issue I need help with is the increased compo for marstons - if possible.   I don't know anything about claiming compo etc. (I only recently found out one of the NHS biggest costs are NDA payouts)   I don't know what form 4 is; so far, they've offered £250 and I haven't accepted or denied it.   So yeah, can you forward me to some more info?   Also, usually I'm good at google etc. but I can't find many stories on this stuff, regarding PCN/TFL etc.   Thanks again!
    • ok things are getting clearer...   I've merged 2 of your posts for clarity and removed the swearing, (behave please) I've also taken down the two images you posted should you wish to post things up please use PDF so we can zoom easily and don't forget to redect them read upload carefully.   I think you need to continue to keep the two thing sep. those being increased compo for marstons- if possible ( if you are raising a form 4? complaint through the court - it might be better you don't? - they are very hard to justify and can be costly - so the fact it might not be moving forward could be a good thing, but listen to others here too) and the issue of the PCN wasn't justified - which you need to further expand on please.   the more info you post up the better please but please use multipage PDF files only and carefully redact them    
    • Thanks for trying btw! It's kinda in 2 parts.   1 is that the PCN wasn't justified in the first place and I wasn't aware it had escalated. I received the initial fine from TFL which I challenged and heard nothing back from (for 5 months). Then another letter from a separate PCN which made me email TFL to inquire what was going on but again, heard nothing back.   (BTW I can see how confusing this is so thanks again for trying)   So, I had no idea my car was at the risk of being taken - that's the first part.   No 2. is:   I got a phone call saying my car was on the back of a truck round the corner from mine (they hadn't left any notices or anything, and the car was parked directly outside my house). My friend said they were attaching the straps and securing it to the van (so I think they got it on the back of the van and moved it before securing it).   When I ran round the corner I saw the EA's van. I went upto it and asked what was going on. He was rude and told me to go away. Then after I kept knocking he got out the van and was aggressive and refused to ID himself or tell me why he had my car.   He shouted at me, was rude and unprofessional, he then left with my car. I complained to Marstons and asked for the bodycam footage.   They gave me the footage but it was clearly edited and cut short (because in the beginning of the footage he was the most aggressive).   They then told me he wasn't required to have the camera turned on when he's in the van, only when he's 'actively pursuing a warrant' and I was only allowed the footage I was in. (which is 2 different things) So I asked them to clarify which is true.   Anyway, I reviewed the footage and sent in my complaint (talking about what happened in the footage) They replied and said they watched the footage and disagreed with everything I said.   So I wrote a more in depth response with the CIVEA code to reference + the TFL EA guide etc.    Then they asked for more time, called me and finally apologised and admitted he had acted untoward and was in the wrong.   They then offered me the goodwill payment.   This has taken up weeks of my time, caused me serious trauma and PTSD and even after I complained WITH video evidence, they still initially denied it which means they officially lied, on record, while representing TFL.   I told TFL what was happening they said I had to continue with Marstons etc.   £250 goodwill isn't enough, the car cost £800 to get out, the suspension is messed up and I'd like to claim compensation for everything.   I don't know if that makes me sound like i'm money grabbing or whatever but they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.   The police had to come before they could call an ambulance cause I was having a panic attack and it was a HORRIBLE experience.    So any help would be great please    I have the whole file from Resolver in a ZIP file but it's a lot of writing and I think you've read enough of my writing to last a life time!   I did a statutory declaration of OOT, got it signed by the court etc. but it was rejected.   I then tried to take them to court but it cost £250 I think which I don't have. You can get it for free if your low income but they wanted bank statements that I couldn't get. They're waiting for me to reply with documents to get a free court date.    did you receive any of the pcn's - was that why you appealed? - Yes, sorry!   unless it's trying secure a greater level of compo from marstons? - Yes, sorry!   For the record I just saw this pop up, read it and now feel much less guilty about my enquiry!
  • Our picks

pcdave23

Not sure what to do next - Jobless

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3705 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all, firstly sorry if this is the wrong section. But im from scotland :)

Im in the process of losing my job and pretty certain its going to happen. Really just wondering where to go next. I have quite a bit of debt from my teenage years. Silly really.

Bank of Scotland Current AC OD - £1045

Alliance and Leiciester Current AC OD £1045

Bank of Scotland loan - £9145 left to pay

Bank of Scotland Credit Card - £4095

Virgin Credit Card - £3980

Barclaycard credit Card - £790

Thats all the debt I have at the moment from cc and loan I also have my car on a payment plan. which is for about 5k but I have paid about 1.5k of it over a year. I understand I will probably end up losing the car.

I have 2 current accounts both with overdrafts now as my wages just went in I have taken that all out aswell as my other account, So have 2.5k cash to tide me over while job seeking.

Just wondering do I start writing to all these companys now saying I have lost my job and can only make token payments. And then after a few months go down the BR router with a LILA as I have no assests at all or do I stick it out with monthly payments. and then to courts etc. I want to goto college which I will get bursarys for etc, So im thinking best plan is to just keep paying monthly and not BR.

Never been in debt before or missed a payment or had bank charges so this all scary to me. Which I why when adding the debt up I think BR could also work.

Thanks all.

Hi all, firstly sorry if this is the wrong section. But im from scotland :)

Im in the process of losing my job and pretty certain its going to happen. Really just wondering where to go next. I have quite a bit of debt from my teenage years. Silly really.

Bank of Scotland Current AC OD - £1045

Alliance and Leiciester Current AC OD £1045

Bank of Scotland loan - £9145 left to pay

Bank of Scotland Credit Card - £4095

Virgin Credit Card - £3980

Barclaycard credit Card - £790

Thats all the debt I have at the moment from cc and loan I also have my car on a payment plan. which is for about 5k but I have paid about 1.5k of it over a year. I understand I will probably end up losing the car.

I have 2 current accounts both with overdrafts now as my wages just went in I have taken that all out aswell as my other account, So have 2.5k cash to tide me over while job seeking. Im actually thinking of going back to college.

Just wondering do I start writing to all these companys now saying I have lost my job and can only make token payments. And then after a few months go down the BR router with a LILA as I have no assests at all.

PS. never been in debt before or missed a payment or had bank charges so this all scary to me. Which I why when adding the debt up I think BR might be best avenue.

Thanks all.

Hi...First of all, you should be able to claim JSA, so wont have to eat in to your redundancy money, there are various other benefits you can claim for council tax, rent, mortgage interest, etc.

I am in same situation, I wrote to all of my cards and explained the situation and i had also conntacted Payplan who gave me some info and an I & E sheet to send.

Im now paying Egg and Cap One £1 per month and Barclaycard £7, interest is frozen on them all.

I also wrote to gas, elec, water, etc and enquired about paying a smaller amount and if \i were eleigible for any special rates.

You should consider CCAing them all, before contemplating bankruptcy, chances are, few (if any) have a valid ageement.

Andy

Thanks for the quick reply, will most likely be looking into JSA and rent as I private let I will hopefully get help with that. Also writing to my cards etc, about paying a smaller amount sounds great paying that little. And would certainly help. I tried to find out what CCAing them would mean sorry, its a big site. Is this a template letter to them asking for the original credit agreement to make sure its correct?

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Thanks for the quick reply, will most likely be looking into JSA and rent as I private let I will hopefully get help with that. Also writing to my cards etc, about paying a smaller amount sounds great paying that little. And would certainly help. I tried to find out what CCAing them would mean sorry, its a big site. Is this a template letter to them asking for the original credit agreement to make sure its correct?

My experience is that the card companies wernt very helpful untill I re-wrote to them saying id been in contact with payplan and enclosed the payplan I & E, so you may like to investigate contacting them, they were helpful.

Andy

Check to see whether you have any payment protection insurance (PPI) for your credit card debts and your loan.

Regarding your car - double check your agreement to verify whether it is a Hire Purchase agreement or a personal loan. If it is on HP then it is likely that the car will be repossessed for non-payment or you can voluntarily surrender it BUT if there is less than 50% paid under HP then you will face having to pay any shortfall. However, if the car was financed by a personal loan then it cannot be repossessed.

When you are claiming for JSA be sure to claim for housing benefit.

If you are considering bankruptcy then that will not affect any student funding if you are entering into further advanced education.

Check National Debtline website for further information http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/scotland/

Also consider seeking advice from a money advisor at CAB or local council.

Best of luck!

Thanks that website is very handy, and will give them a call tomorrow for advice. As for the student loans and finance etc that was going to be my next question So thanks for clearing that up. After checking my car documents its actually a loan from suzuki and is not secured on the car so thats great news.

Will keep this updated Thank again.

Dave,

You should get local housing allowance to help out with your rent, this is for a set amount regardless of your rent. If the appropriate level for your area, age and circs is more than your rent you can keep up to £15 of the difference. If it's not enough you should apply for discretionary housing benefit which may help make up the shortfall.

You might also want to contact your local regeneration agency as they can help out with advice, training and jobsearch and can sometimes help out with costs for travel to interviews etc.

Me and my husband are in a similar situation. He was finished from work on Friday 13th November with no redundancy pay as he hadnt worked long enough. As I work part time and earn £120 per week all he can get is JSA £64.30 per week. We have taken a payment holiday on mortgage £1117 per month for December payment then from 1st Jan we have to pay interest only of £280 per month. We have a car loan of £340 per month with £8,000 outstanding. We have tried to sell the car, valued at approx £12,000 but so far have been unsuccessful. We also have a bank loan £110 per month, outstanding balance £2,000 and a credit card £170 oper month balance £7,500.

I have heard that there is a letter that you can send to ask these people to freeze the interest and pay a token amount each month. Any info on this would really be appreciated.

Thank you.

Me and my husband are in a similar situation. He was finished from work on Friday 13th November with no redundancy pay as he hadnt worked long enough. As I work part time and earn £120 per week all he can get is JSA £64.30 per week. We have taken a payment holiday on mortgage £1117 per month for December payment then from 1st Jan we have to pay interest only of £280 per month. We have a car loan of £340 per month with £8,000 outstanding. We have tried to sell the car, valued at approx £12,000 but so far have been unsuccessful. We also have a bank loan £110 per month, outstanding balance £2,000 and a credit card £170 oper month balance £7,500.

I have heard that there is a letter that you can send to ask these people to freeze the interest and pay a token amount each month. Any info on this would really be appreciated.

Thank you.

See my posts above.

You can obtain a copy of a self help pack and a copy of letters on the National Debtline website: National Debtline Scotland – Free Debt Advice & Debt Management Tools

However, due to your financial circumstances I would recommend that you contact a money advisor at your local CAB or local council. Check the following link to find a local money advisor:

http://www.moneyadvicescotland.org.u...ind_agency.php

Thank you for your help.

We have now managed to sell our car for £12,000 so we can pay off the car loan and the bank loan and have a little left as a safety net. I am having a major sort out to sell stuff on ebay and at a car boot sale so it looks as though things are looking up.

Thank you

Hi All, first post so apologies if posted in wrong place!:(

am getting made redundant on wed and have been to see CAB re LILA and was advised this was my best option. Was given the form to make myself Bankrupt and have the £100 to send the form away however had a last minute panic and cant get hold of the lady at CAB.

On the form to qualify for LILA without creditor concurrence is to satisfy the low income test, daft question but it says on the form if you receive income based JSA then you are deemed to satisfy this, however when I sign on I wont get income based but contribution based - any idea of this causes a problem? You dont get income based unless you been unemployed for more than 6 months or havent paid NI contributions in last 2 years...........am hoping this is ok but worried all the same.

:? any advice much appreciated.

Also I bank with RBS, and have done so for about 2 years, at the time of applying to them they knew I had a Debt management plan, however with them my rating is good, ive no borrowings with them, never had any late charges and run my account well - am worried that they will tell me to leave once I do LILA.......anyone had any experience of them? find it a bit hard to take that a bank who had government bailout is telling me to take by business elsewhere

You should be fine as lila shows

Low income means gross weekly income of no more than the standard national minimum wage for a forty hour working week. This is equivalent to £229.20 a week.

So even if your on contribution based it will be less than that. You need to be careful if you get a large redundency possibly look at not holding it in an account where it can had. Also I assume you dont have any assets worth more than a £1000

As per your bank account I think the best bet is to just see if they allow you to keep it after lila. If its a basic cardcash with no overdraft I dont see a problem, if however your wiping off debt with them Ie. overdraft I dont think they will be so forgiving.

Hope that helps.

Thanks very much for your reply, thats what I thought but last minute panics seem to be taking over!:) Just because it specifically said income based JSA.

Re bank account, i dont have any borrowing with RBS and no overdraft so will wait and see what happens, fingers crossed! I hope they dont tell me to go elsewhere as Co-Op and Barclays already knocked me back (i tried to apply in advance of the LILA).

Re redundancy, it will be gone before LILA on rent so should be ok:)

Thanks for your guidance - much appreciated

No problem I will be going for a lila within the next month so were in the same boat wish you luck :D

thanks pcdave23, best of luck to you too. CAB lady got back to me today, the income is below the minimum as you said so its ok:cool:

im looking at the LILA as a way to start again, it draws a line under lots of years of worry and deals with it for once and for all. you should do the same...........

best of luck