Plz help - Judgment for claimant (after determination)

tone300
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i recently recieved a judgment for claimant (after determination) from my local county court and i need some help with my appeal plz. I believe i can write to the court to get the judgment set asside and appeal but im not sure what to put in the letter and what to use as my defence.

The brief history of the case is as follows: i undertook a refurbishment project from a contractor and we needed a plumber for part of the work, so i found a pumber who i had used before and asked him to do the work. He provided a verbal estimate of £3900 for the work and said it would take 10 days to complete. After several weeks of him starting the work and turning up when he felt like it he had been paid £3000 but was still a long way from completing the work and he then dissapeared for over a week. We tried to contact him and left numerous messages that were never returned, so we employed another plumber to finish the work. We informed the old pumber of this when we eventually spoke to him and told him he would not be getting any more money and thought that was the end of it.

About a year later several reminders came through the letterbox followed by a court claim which i repled to stating my defence and that i wished to dispute this claim. Another year passed and then i recieved the judgment for claimant (after determination).

What grounds should i appeal under and does the fact that no written contract exists, does he have a case to try and claim money from me?

He has also added extra work to the price so that he is now claiming £1258 instead of the £900 that was left on the price.

Plz help as i dont really know what to do confused.gif