Welcome Car Finance problem

mutley1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5293 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have looked at the threads involving these, but not sure what my first step is. We bought a car with these a couple of years ago and it was inferred that we would not get the finance if we didnt take the insurances (which premiums just about doubled the amount borrowed) . I have approached the office to cancel these now, and have been told to request it in writing, which I have. I am wondering if there is any way of recovering any of the monies already paid. I have been informed that instead of reducing the monthly payments, removing insurances will shorten the span of the loan. I have requested a statement but not received one other than my yearly one.

I am also concerned as although we have kept up to date with the payments, twice the cheque has been paid in one day late, and the woman from the branch I spoke to said that they consider that to mean I am 2 months in arrears. She admits I have paid each month, but that I am automatically in arrears if the payment is one day into the following calender month.(the payment counts towards the month it is received in)

I enquired whether that also meant therefore that I am now two months 'ahead' and she said No. Very strange.

Also when we signed for the car- we were okayed for the loan, then the salesman disappeared into another room and when he returned he said 'they' need you to pay another £500 extra in your deposit today because this is a 'different' sort of car. When we were insistant that we just did not have the money on us there and then, he said 'okay ' just bring it when you have it' -we have heard nothing since then and the extra money is not detailed anywhere on the contract so I wonder what that was all about?

Can you prove the insurance was sold to you with you not knowing all the facts, ie the insurance wasnt explained properly to you, you can cant you..... this will mean the insurance was mis-sold and you should be able to get it removed to me you were told no insurance no car, this is a form of bully boy tatics, someone with insurance knowledge will help im sure.

If the £500 the salesman asked you to bring in at a later date, isnt logged anywhere on ur paperwork, how do you know it forms part of the car agreement? it might be going staright into the salesmans pocket, for now i wouldnt bother mentioning it, if the showroom have no proof, why hand the sum over. if you want a stament of all monies paid to date, put in writing you require such and enclose the fee payable. who paid the cheque in twice a day late, the branch? if you got the cheque to them in time for them to bank before the payment was due, then you should nt be made to pay late payment fees due to them not banking in time, as long as you can prove the cheques were with them before payments were due. its not ur fault there didnt bank in time. cant you set up a standing order to cover the mthly payments? that way you have control rather thn it been paid by DD

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.