Hospitality at Old Trafford

Theodjinn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5284 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently booked 2 hospitality tickets for Man U v Wigan for my young son and myself. The original time and date for this match was 3pm on Monday 28th December. I am going down from Edinburgh for the game and the main reason for picking this date is because my girlfriend is taking her 6 year old daughter to see Miley Cyrus in Manchester on the same day. The concert venue have informed me I have to be there in person, with my credit card and identification as I paid for their tickets. I wasn't too pleased about travelling down to Manchester just after Christmas but I decided to make the most of it and go to a match at Old Trafford for the first time. Now I find out they have switched the time and date of the game to 8pm on Wednesday the 30th December! This would mean either travelling down to Manchester for the concert and then leaving again the next day and then coming back down again for the match the day after that or extending my (already booked) hotel booking for another 2 days over the Christmas period and getting the train home on Hogmanay (if there are any!).

I appreciate the terms and conditions of the sale of tickets state no refunds possible but I was wondering if there is any way out of this. The date change is really going to cause me so much hassle when it should have been a mini-adventure for us.

Thanks

Theodjinn.

As the revised date is not possible for you, a refund should be possible. You contract was for the original date, and you could have been leaving on a world cruise the next day - so as it is them who changed the arrangement, your request for a refund in full should be honoured.

Thanks for that!

The thing is I already sent them an email telling them how much of an inconvenience this would cause and could they please refund me (no reply as yet). So, they know I'm not going on the world cruise...wish I'd thought of that!

Or you could sell them on here to me! Would love to go again as I've not been to OT for 2yrs now and am getting withdrawal symptoms :eek:

Seriously, if you do want to sell, please PM me.

With the anti-fraud measures in place, as you'd still need to show the CC to pick up the tickets, selling them on doesn't seem an option. You really need to send a letter by Recorded Delivery, quoting your purchase reference stating the new date is not suititable, and to cancel the purchase. Keep a copy and the receipt. If the refund doesn't arrive - your card company wsill accept this to arrange a reversal should they play silly beggars.

LOL - only if they're playing Utd & I'm sat in the away end :D

My lad has been to Craven cottage a few times & he loves the atmosphere there but is still a red through & through (even when we help L'pool out by letting them beat us hence keeping the spanish waiter in a job til season end!) ;)

For me, there's no place like OT :)