BOS Closed account charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5285 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

I have am being chased for £85.46 by BOS for charges on an account that was closed last year before Christmas.

What happened was I forgot to change my paypal details & in June this year £28 came out the closed account.

I was anoyed but I payed it back plus 35 charge but I was too late and another charge came through.

I complained to the bank but they just kept adding charges on & now I owe £85.46 & I keep telling them I no longer bank with them & my account was closed last year.

My question is is it right that money can be payed out of a closed bank account.

Many thanks

Please guys....

I really need your advise as I am in constant arguments with my bank as I feel it was unfair for the bank to allow money to be taken out of the account while closed.

Regards

D

it beggars belief that they can pay out from a closed account, I would send a strongly worded letter. like this

Dear Idiots

On Date I closed the aforementioned account, on a subsequent date you for reasons unknown decided to allow a third party access to funds from a closed account.

I fail to see why I am being penalised for the failings of this bank or its employess.

On date I in good faith, thinking at the time it was my error paid £X to clear this alledged debt.

You now inform me that you have applied further charges to this.

For your information I now require by return the above mentioned sum paid to you in error.

Failure to return the sum and to cancel any further collection activity will result in me persuing this further.

I trust this outlines my intentions.