• Tweets

• a begging discount letter before, please give us something else we will have to discontinue our speculative claim, along with a load of statements and some kind of single sheet printout of an application. Not an agreement with any proof of who and when and from what IP .  all total bogroll regarding any enforceability or proof you actual had the card.
    • Hey all,    Received from solicitors, how to proceed? Getting worried as I have this conciliatory phone call hanging over me now. Barclaycard_HowardCohen_Redacted.pdf
    • He has done an online quote and then rung them up to set a policy up they asked to speak to me but he said he was my husband and had authorisation. the police were involved and they said that its down to the insurance to investigate so I took it to the ombudsman  I had no knowledge of the policy they are holding me liable on the basis of the policy investigation and the claim 12 letters were posted out to me I only received the default notices as the online portal was locked and I was onto them straightaway had I received or known earlier I would have contacted them too indont see why I should be paying the insurance when its got nothing to do with me and I've received no benefit from it 
    • On-Street Residential Chargepoint Scheme update View the full article
    • Good morning CAG team,   Firstly, want to start by saying what a fantastic resource and collection of knowledgeable people you guys have created here. You guys helped me around 2008 to reclaim my bank charges and since then I have been on top of my finances.   I had debt issues as a youngster (now 40) due to lenders pretty much throwing money at people back then without any concern as to whether it could be repaid, I managed to get myself out of that debt by repaying it and have since maintained a fantastic (900+) credit score.   As much as having the great credit score is a good thing, it comes with it's own risks (ability to borrow ludicrous amounts of money) and I've fallen foul these last 24 months to a point where I am now desperately concerned about my situation, made worse by being served my notice in my current employment.   During 2018 I started to run up my debt as I borrowed to help friends and also my Mum having health issues that were not being cured but simply managed by the NHS, I forked out for multiple private sessions hoping to get her some relief, all with a view of repaying as I had always done, I've always paid my debts since leaving school. This borrowing continued into 2019 with house repairs, car issues and on and on, wife gaps in employment etc. The debt has been affordable for me upto now as I've a reasonably well paid job, however that has now come to an end and I leave that employment in 3 months time. With only 3 paychecks remaining and no jobs that will match the salary available I find myself in a very stressful situation of needing to plan ahead and I need your guys' assistance for this.   None of my accounts are in default nor had any missed payments on my credit file, all debts were taken after the start of 2018.   I have 3 loans: Tesco Bank £8600 remaining MBNA £4350 remaining Halifax (my current bank account provider) £13,000 remaining   I have 5 credit cards with remaining balances: Tesco Bank £8750 M&S Bank £9100 MBNA £11000 Virgin £4000 Halifax £2800   This is a ludicrous amount of debt and I'm disappointed I didn't see this earlier, as although it was affordable on the salary I have been earning, it is not affordable on a market rate salary for my trade and given recent organisational changes at work, I will no longer be gainfully employed.   I have seen some quotes for secured loans and additional mortgage with my current lender (a dual mortgage that runs in parallel over 25 years) to cover the debts, all of which are extremely expensive and leave me potentially vulnerable to losing our family home in the future if for any reason we are unable to pay, which given our mental health and children's age, is not an option we wish to pursue.   I need help on how best to approach these debts and welcome your advice. Part of me wants to default all of them due to the amounts however I'm not sure where this would lead long term, we live in our own home with a mortgage and equity in the home would just about clear these debts if we were forced to sell however that is a last resort for us.   I feel unclean and disappointed I am at this point given my age and wish for this to go away as quickly as possible while maintaining some dignity.   I appreciate I've typed alot and hope you guys are willing to discuss this with me as to my options on minimizing the impact I expect over the coming 12 months (due to loss of employment) and potentially to write off anything I can through defaulting/F&F offers etc.   Thanks in advance    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Ebay Packlink and Hermes - destroyed item as it was "damaged". https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/430396-ebay-packlink-and-hermes-destroyed-item-as-it-was-damaged/&do=findComment&comment=5087347
      • 32 replies
    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
  • Recommended Topics

• Recommended Topics

Wycombemariner Vs Student Loans CO.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4186 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks