Jacobs bailiffs,wanting to change a walking possession

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just looked and ive got them here

wp 1: £369.71 outstanding

levy and wp fee- £36.00 £12.00

other fees-£24.50 £24.50

balance-£466.71

dated 6/7/09 no time

baliff??? ill have to double check

wp2

outstanding £150.53

levy and wp fees £27.00 £12.00

other fees £24.50 £24.50

balance £238.53

date 6/7/09

baliff ????? no time

There are quite a few inaccuracies concerning the fees charged on both accounts.

In the first instance, a bailiff may charge a fee of £24.50 for " attending to levy where no levy takes place". In other words, there was nobody at home at the time of his visit.

HOWEVER... if he is able to levy, he can ALTERNATIVELY.... charge a levy fee. He cannot of course charge both fees at the same time !!

Secondly, a bailiff cannot apply " multiple charges" for enforcing more than one account at the same time. There is a Detailed Assessment legal ruling to confirm this ( Michael Throssell v Leeds City Council).

Thirdly, a bailiff may only levy upon the same goods once !!

Finally, under "other fees" you have listed two amounts of £24.50 for each account. I suspect that the bailiff is attempting to charge you a" Head H Redemption of Goods Fee. If so, I would suggest sending a letter to the bailiff company to ask them to confirm under which legislation they believe that they are entitled to apply this charge and ask as well that they confirmed that there local authority client had to make them to apply this fee.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

Just a quick update, i have e-mailed jacobs yesterday, they have told me it will take them 7 days to reply.

*EDIT* is the baliff dealing with the 2 wrong wp's and *EDIT* is the baliff dealing with the new case given by the council.

no baliff appeared today, and no letter came through our letter box! :)

andy

Edited by 42man
Edited due to placing names on the open forum..

I had a wp earlier in the year for council tax i finished paying that off and the baliff arrived again wanting money for another council tax bill, different ref number, my husband didnt let him in but paid him £500 at his car and the baliff then got him to sign another wp with the same goods as the last one, are they allowed to do this and if not how do i go about complaining.

I had a wp earlier in the year for council tax i finished paying that off and the baliff arrived again wanting money for another council tax bill, different ref number, my husband didnt let him in but paid him £500 at his car and the baliff then got him to sign another wp with the same goods as the last one, are they allowed to do this and if not how do i go about complaining.

Please start a SEPARATE thread for this query.

Hi,

Just an update !

The bailiff came today and the wife told him " where to go " he duely did so after he saw my staffordshire bull terrier and my rottweiler,lol.

I telephoned him and informed him not to come back as perhaps the dogs may be in the garden.

I will as always keep you informed.

Hi,

Just an update !

The bailiff came today and the wife told him " where to go " he duely did so after he saw my staffordshire bull terrier and my rottweiler,lol.

I telephoned him and informed him not to come back as perhaps the dogs may be in the garden.

I will as always keep you informed.

Be very careful about what you say. It could be construed that you are admitting to having dangerous dogs

• 1 month later...

Hasnt it been a long time,!

I hope everyone had a good Christmas,

Got a very evasive letter back from Jacobs not telling me in any detail of their charges and no information on the bailiff.

I will send another stronger letter,( what do you think?)

Letter sent to council complaining of the unlawful behaviour of bailiffs with regard their charges, ( no reply yet !).

Thanks Andy

Back again,

I`v checked the name on the bailiff employed by Jacobs and according to HMRC they eather dont exist or they are not certificated .

:eek: help :)

Andy

Is that using online system - which isn't complete/up to date or have you rang MOJ for definitive answer?

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,the chap in which the number is above is on holiday.I telephoned their helpline on 0845 456 8770.The bailiff is not on his records and he recomends I contact the police.

Shall I wait and contact the chap who is on holiday as he is an enforcer on bailiffs?

Ta , Andy.

The law prescribing bailiffs fees for collecting unpaid council tax is the Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations 1992 and provides £24.50 for a first visit. He can charge a further £18 for a second visit (if genuinely made). No other bailiff's fees can lawfully be charged if a bailiff has not moved your goods in a vehicle and you have not signed any document consenting to a levy or a walking possessions agreement (currently a flat rate of £10).

The law provides "Reasonable costs" to transporting your goods or vehicle to auction and selling them. If a bailiff asks you to pay a fee for a breakdown of costs under a pretence it is accessing personal data under the Data Protection Act 1998, then you do not owe the bailiff any costs. Culligan -v- Marston Group Ltd et-al, no. 8CL51015, District Judge Avent said - because the Bailiff produced no breakdown of his charges, he is unable to show that it is reasonable costs. Therefore, spuriously named fees such as, van fees, tow truck fees, attending to remove fees and admin fees are NIL. The law does not provide for bailiffs to make a gain for himself or another by transporting your goods or vehicle to auction and selling them.

If a bailiff defrauds you with his fees, he commits an arrestable offence under Section 2 of the Fraud Act 2006. It is called fraud by false representation.

The next generation Nintendo Wii - the Nintendo Puu

There are quite a few inaccuracies concerning the fees charged on both accounts.

In the first instance, a bailiff may charge a fee of £24.50 for " attending to levy where no levy takes place". In other words, there was nobody at home at the time of his visit.

HOWEVER... if he is able to levy, he can ALTERNATIVELY.... charge a levy fee. He cannot of course charge both fees at the same time !!

Secondly, a bailiff cannot apply " multiple charges" for enforcing more than one account at the same time. There is a Detailed Assessment legal ruling to confirm this ( Michael Throssell v Leeds City Council).

Thirdly, a bailiff may only levy upon the same goods once !!

Finally, under "other fees" you have listed two amounts of £24.50 for each account. I suspect that the bailiff is attempting to charge you a" Head H Redemption of Goods Fee. If so, I would suggest sending a letter to the bailiff company to ask them to confirm under which legislation they believe that they are entitled to apply this charge and also ask them as well to confirm that their local authority client had allowed them to to apply this fee in their Contract.

In October I posted the above reply. Did you use this as the basis for your complaint?

If not....you should have done as this reply is entirely accurate.

got a bailiff comin wensday an hes done a levy on my 10 year old sofa an my kids dvd movies ive phoned dukes to ask if they can levy my sofa as i have 3 kids and need it an they said even if i have kids they can levy on it... can they do that?

Reorete, it would be best if you started your own thread, it will be picked up much quicker.

You realy need to provide more information as to what the baliff is attending you for, council tax, unpaid fine or parking fine.

Provide all the information you can, costs, are you single with kids, health issues or benifits.

All information you supply now will help the good people here respond quickly if they know the facts, basicly tell the story from how it began.

Best of luck

Edited by Barbarawoo