Civil Enforcement Officer Evidence. Advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Civil Enforcement Officer Evidence. Advice. Please.

I recently got a parking ticket for parking in a time restricted parking bay whilst displaying my disabled parking badge for 19 minutes. My clock time was 15 minutes past the hour and I returned at 34 minutes past the hour. Two independent witnesses verified this. OK I should not have used my disabled badge.

The offence Parking for longer than the permitted time PCN said 09.04 to 09.29, I was at home at 09.08 so this could be correct. Their Evidence on the Internet showed three pictures of my car displaying the disabled badge and one showing only one half of my disabled badge not the clock which I always set at the time of arrival. Also their evidence of the street sign was blank. I appealed and they waived the penalty.

Now my assumption is that the Civil Enforcement Officer purposely did not show the clock of my disabled badge and I dispute the time he observed my initial parking.

CAN ANY ONE PLEASE ADVICE ME HOW TO GET A Civil Enforcement Officer PROCEEDURE IN ISSUEING A PENALTY NOTICE, AND WHAT PROCEEDURE FOR CHECKIING THEIR EQUIPMENT,

As G & M says, if you've been let off don't worry about it.

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

Thanks for your reply Green and Mean, My point is that if the Civil Enforcement Officer made an error or issued the PCN incorrectly. that person made a lot of work for me and maybe for many others, I beleive that 70 percent of appeals are succesfull that in itself says somthing about incorrectly issued PCNs. But thanks again for your interest.

Thanks for your reply Green and Mean, My point is that if the Civil Enforcement Officer made an error or issued the PCN incorrectly. that person made a lot of work for me and maybe for many others, I beleive that 70 percent of appeals are succesfull that in itself says somthing about incorrectly issued PCNs. But thanks again for your interest.

Yes it says if you got a PCN issued incorrectly you have a 70% chance of getting it cancelled. However only a very small percentage go to formal appeal because they are issued correctly. Many are routinely cancelled for various reasons such as subsequent proof a face down ticket or Blue badge was valid, proof vehicle had broken down etc. The average cancellation due to CEO error in the Council I work in is 1 in a 1000 pcn's issued. Even those that get cancelled by the adjudicator the vast majority are for technical issues such as incorrect paperwork, non compliant markings etc that came to light after the PCN was issued and used as a defence and not because the person was parked 'legally' and got given a ticket by mistake.

If you want to take up the fight, then it is the private companies that we must deal with first.

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08