Child Tax Credits

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4254 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i currently recieve child tax credits for my 3 children, weekly i recieve £137.75 my only other income is child benefit of £46.40 per wk.I have just been offered a job which is for 15hrs per week at the rate of £6.77 per hour does anyone know how much tax credits i would recieve if i was to take up this position.I know that you have to work 16hrs or more per wk to qualify for working tax credits i want to know if the amount i recieve in child tax credits would be affected if i was to take this job.

HM Revenue & Customs: Tax credits questionnaire - find out how much you can get

fill it in as though you were already working the 15 hours and put 0 for last years earnings

this will give you idea

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Thanks, i worked this out the way you said and it says that i am entitled to £3222.18 is this for the remaining wks left to april 2010 or is this for the 52 wks i am still unsure on how it works.

For a child tax credit only claim you would need to be earning around 20k for it to effect the value of your child tax credits. So don't worry about taking the job.