style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My mum has been with Yorkshire Bank for about 25 years and I know that recently she has incurred some charges for being overdrawn. I am hoping that we'll be able to claim some of these back for her, and just want to check that this type of charge eligible for claiming back.

If she goes overdrawn (even by a penny) she is charged £4 PER DAY until she puts enough money into the account to put it back into credit. Are these unlawful charges? Can she claim them back?

I am really angry about these charges in particular because, obviously, if she doesn't have the money immediately (which is often as she is on a very low income) she incurs even more charges, and it just keeps on going!

Thanks in advance!

Hi justanother muppet (great name BTW!)

In answer to your questions - yes and yes.

Do you have all your Mums statements for the last 6 years? I would suggest that you read around some of the posts and also the FAQs in the Library - up the top of the menu and come back once you have had time to digest it all.

Welcome to the forum as well!

Rachel

Doing this on behalf of my lovely Mum!!

LTSB No1 - £200+£31.70+£30 = £261.70 COURT DATE SET 8TH NOVEMBER 2006

LTSB No2 - £423 +£124.16+£80 = £627.16 DEFAULT JUDGEMENT GRANTED DUE TO NO SHOW FROM LTSB

Yorkshire - £498+£102.64+£80 = £680.64 COURT DATE TO BE ADVISED - ALLOCATED TO SMALL CLAIMS TRACK

Citi - £1600+£361.46+£120 = £2081.46 CHEQUE RECEIVED F&F SETTLEMENT 07.06.06

Ooh, thank you for the answers and thank you for the welcome :)

I've spoken to my mum, who's going to see what statements she still has, (she's a bit of a hoarder so she'll probably have most of them) that should save her £10 for the SAR.

What sort of timescale do claims usually get settled in? (providing we send of all our letters as soon as we can)

In the case of YB they will take as long as the like, I think my Mums claim has been going on since March/April time and although we are close to settlement (I hope!) it is a long and sometime frustrating journey, but the reward at the end of it will be worth it.

Just make sure that you stick to the timescales/letters in the Library and you shouldnt go far wrong.

Regards

Rachel

Doing this on behalf of my lovely Mum!!

LTSB No1 - £200+£31.70+£30 = £261.70 COURT DATE SET 8TH NOVEMBER 2006

LTSB No2 - £423 +£124.16+£80 = £627.16 DEFAULT JUDGEMENT GRANTED DUE TO NO SHOW FROM LTSB

Yorkshire - £498+£102.64+£80 = £680.64 COURT DATE TO BE ADVISED - ALLOCATED TO SMALL CLAIMS TRACK

Citi - £1600+£361.46+£120 = £2081.46 CHEQUE RECEIVED F&F SETTLEMENT 07.06.06