Token Payments - How much is acceptable?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would just continue to make token payments. The only thing you have to tell them is that this is all you can afford. Do NOT send them an Income & Expenditure form. Only a Court can demand one of these. Tell them as little as possible. The more you tell them the more they will use this against you. Also do not talk to them on the phone.

Good Luck.

agreed

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

I have now received a 'termination' letter and they have asked me to return the cards (I cut them up). I have been paying them each month my token payment as recommended.

I guess I will be receiving letters from the DCA's very soon? Is it worth responding to them via letter even if I am leaving the country at the end of the month?

I have now received a 'termination' letter and they have asked me to return the cards (I cut them up). I have been paying them each month my token payment as recommended.

I guess I will be receiving letters from the DCA's very soon? Is it worth responding to them via letter even if I am leaving the country at the end of the month?

I have just read on another thread that the combination of DN and termination means they can now only chase you for the arrears at the time the DN was issued - not any other part of the balance outstanding - so you might just have won a watch.

I am not a lawyer - so you should get this confirmed by someone who knows for definite.

BD

• 4 weeks later...

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!