LLOYDS TSB CHARGE claim

carnation
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help me please, I followed your direction on site re sending £10 to Lloyds tsb & requesting my statements to work out how my bank charges are so much, I told them I knew of the 40 day timeline. They sent me a letter after I wrote again saying they had not received my £ 10, so i wrote again telling them that not only did I still have the postal order stub but also proof of posting as it went recorded delivery. It has now been 75 days & still no statements, where do I go from here. CHEERS:sad:

Guest Old_andrew2018

IMHO you should write once more reminding them of their obligations, then complain to the information commissioner.

I'm not too sure if its an issue for the FOS.

Andy

This bank have added £1200 charges on a £198 debt from a current A/c. They are sending me solicitors letters although I have sent them £10 for statements. They are denying receiving any money although I have proof & it is now 76 days since I sent the money requesting info on the A/c. Where do I go from here. When they do send mail it just repeats the same old trash, "waiting for the outcome in the court next year" & my complaint ref has been noted. Any advice please

Hi,

You have to send a Letter Before Action and continue with your claim.(Thats when they comply with your Subject Access Request).

There's a non-complience letter you could send............

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/48-bank-templates/129-data-protection-act-non-compliance-template-letters-

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

In 2007 I requested a refund of bank charges & was offered £700, which I accepted, it was only in 2009 I realised that i could claim back to 2001 so in 2009 after receiving another £1400 in charges I wrote to them & said I wanted a refund under the hardship rules, to which they refused & my claim has already been logged with the courts. I now want to claim back to 2001. I need advice on how I go about withdrawing my old claim & submitting it with an up to date one, & also on the wording of the claim I have been led to believe that the wording is paramount to the outcome & you cannot say unfaie is this true & if so how do you request it?

Thanking you in advance.:-?

You can claim your charges back to 1995.

You say that your claim is logged with the courts. Does this mean that you have filed the claim and that they have defended and that the claim is stayed?

If this is correct that you need to amend the claim.

The best way to do this is to prepare your amended POC. Contact the solicitors and tell them that you want to amend, here is your amendment, do they agree? If they are sensible and professional about it - which they often aren't when dealing with Litigants in person - then they will agree. Write to the court with your amendemnt and a copy of their letter of agreement and your own letter saying that you are amending and that the other side has agreed. This avoids any complications and avoids an amendment fee.

If the other side don't agree, then write to them and say how disappointed you are about it and how you feel that had you been a solicitor, that they would have agreed and that you are sorry that they choose to treat litigants in person in such a disadvantageous way.

The get a form N244. Appply for the amendment. Point out that the other side have refused and so you asking the court and that you consider that it is in the interests of fairness that the court allow you to amend - especially as the bais for the claim is not changed and also it is your first amendment. Take the N244 to the court with your proposed amendment, your letters to the solicitors, their letter to you - and the fee (£60 I think).

Do deliver it to the court. Try to give it to the office manager. You will need to follow up to the court by phone to see what is happening. We have come accross lots of cases, where the appication simpy gets filed and isn't brought to the attention of the judge.

The courts are very nice and the staff are well-intentioned but they aren't very efficient. You should call the court every week for a progress report until you know that the application is being put before the judge and then that the judge has seen it and that an order is being made.

You will get your leave to amend. It is inconceivable that you won't. If the bank's solicitors refuse to agree then they are being pig-headed and stupid and wasting the court's time - a bit like their clients really.

BankFodder,

I paid 2 X £40 per case, for the amendment to POCs to be lodged with the court and even with the agreement of the banks sols, the court has deemed it necessary for me to attend a hearing in front of the judge in late November, why do you think that is so or is this a normal procedure from the courts. You comments/knowledge, as usual will be received with gratitude.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

You can claim your charges back to 1995.

Thanks bankfodder for your reply, I dont know where my claim is all I know that the TSB have said they have filed my complaint given me a ref No. & said they will let me know after the test case. I was assuming it was with the courts, does this happen automatically or do I have to do this myself I really am confused about the whole bank charges claim cases, or what I do when I finally get the statements I have asked for going back to 2001.

You say that your claim is logged with the courts. Does this mean that you have filed the claim and that they have defended and that the claim is stayed?

If this is correct that you need to amend the claim.

The best way to do this is to prepare your amended POC. Contact the solicitors and tell them that you want to amend, here is your amendment, do they agree? If they are sensible and professional about it - which they often aren't when dealing with Litigants in person - then they will agree. Write to the court with your amendemnt and a copy of their letter of agreement and your own letter saying that you are amending and that the other side has agreed. This avoids any complications and avoids an amendment fee.

If the other side don't agree, then write to them and say how disappointed you are about it and how you feel that had you been a solicitor, that they would have agreed and that you are sorry that they choose to treat litigants in person in such a disadvantageous way.

The get a form N244. Appply for the amendment. Point out that the other side have refused and so you asking the court and that you consider that it is in the interests of fairness that the court allow you to amend - especially as the bais for the claim is not changed and also it is your first amendment. Take the N244 to the court with your proposed amendment, your letters to the solicitors, their letter to you - and the fee (£60 I think).

Do deliver it to the court. Try to give it to the office manager. You will need to follow up to the court by phone to see what is happening. We have come accross lots of cases, where the appication simpy gets filed and isn't brought to the attention of the judge.

The courts are very nice and the staff are well-intentioned but they aren't very efficient. You should call the court every week for a progress report until you know that the application is being put before the judge and then that the judge has seen it and that an order is being made.

You will get your leave to amend. It is inconceivable that you won't. If the bank's solicitors refuse to agree then they are being pig-headed and stupid and wasting the court's time - a bit like their clients really.

Do I have to contact the courts myself & if so which & how

Sorry bank fodder answered your question in wrong place. Thanks for your reply. I dont know wher my claim is right now all I know is that the TSB have said theyve filed my complaint, given me a ref No. & said they will let me know after the test case. I was assuming that it was with the courts, does this happen automatically or do I have to do this myself I am really confused about the whole bank charges & claims thing., & what do I do when I finally get the statements dating back to 2001. Do I contact the courts myself & if so how, the TSB is far from helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

I currently owe the Lloyds £1400 on my visa electron debit A/c, it has reached this much due to bank charges @£200 per month, from being only £190 overdrawn. I wrote several times telling them that I had lost my son, had a fire & been ill & would they freeze my A/c to stop incurring charges. They have said that you cannot freeze an A/c that is O/drawn.

I have said in 2008 I wanted to claim charges back they have written & said it is listed with a ref No. & I have to wait for the court outcome. I have since received upon request ststements dating back to 2001 & want to retrieve these charges as well , where do I go from here? Do I just write with the amended amount I want back or is it more technical.

Hi Carnation.

I've merged your threads to keep your progress in one place.

Firstly, have you sent the LBA that Maroondevo linked you to in post 4 above?

Secondly, you need to read the FAQs and get your claim into the court system. Lloyds will not have done that so you need to. This link should help you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html

It takes a while to get your head round it all, but let us know how you get on by posting any progress and/or questions on this thread. It makes it easier for those offering advice and support.;)

Good luck.:)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Can anyone help me please, I followed your direction on site re sending £10 to Lloyds tsb & requesting my statements to work out how my bank charges are so much, I told them I knew of the 40 day timeline. They sent me a letter after I wrote again saying they had not received my £ 10, so i wrote again telling them that not only did I still have the postal order stub but also proof of posting as it went recorded delivery. It has now been 75 days & still no statements, where do I go from here. CHEERS:sad:

Carnation, you can check if the Postal Order has been cashed by telephoning the Post office on this number 01246 542091. It is a direct line so no frustrating "press this, press that" to get through. If they confirm it has been cashed, then ask them if they would be kind enough to confirm in writing to you. Very helpful department. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I have tried to upload my simple excel claim I got from the forum, It is in my Docs when I try to add attachment it goes to manage attachment box, browse, I then try to bring it up from docs it goes into the manage attachment box then when I press upload it says Invalid file, what am I doing wrong.

Very simple question from me please.

I am starting a claim against Lloyds TSB. I have had with them (accounts that lasted after 1995) the following:

Closed Products (and then underneath)

Product Identifier / Product Holding Name / Date of closure

000111111111001 Classic Jan 2000

000111111111002 Classic Jan 2000

000111111111003 Visa Jun 2003

000111111111004 Visa May 2000

The Classic accounts I think were current accounts (remember having a current account with them).

Dont know but it might be that the visa accounts might be the same one (maybe had lost card and it was replaced?????).

Any ideas please? Also do I have to send £10 for each account?

Thanks.

If I have helped you or made you laugh by some witty remark and brightened your day................ the scales to click are over to your left hand side. :D:D