Token payment letters while setting up dmp - please advise!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Since my post a few weeks ago about setting up a dmp and wanting advice on who to go with I am not in the final stages of setting up dmp with payplan and all is going okay with this though it won't be up and running until the first week in November.

Just 2 quick questions, this is the first month that I have not paid the minimum payments to the cards etc. I have been a little late with two card payments due within the last week and have one other on the 3rd November, I have made token payments in the bank over the counter to the late ones today of £1 (as advised by Payplan).

• I should have asked them this but forgot to but can anyone tell me if I should send letters confirming I have made a token payment to them while a DMP is being set up with Payplan and send them a copy of the receipt for the token payment I have made?
  • If I do have to do this can anyone provide me with or send me in the right direction for a template letter related to this (making a token payment while setting up a DMP)?

Many thanks as always for the anticipated advice!:)

letter a, amend to suit

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

you don't have too but certainly shows some willingness on your part

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi

I am too with Payplan and when my DMP was first getting set up, I also made the token payments. As Ida has said, you do not have to provide proof to Payplan that you have made the token payments, but it is good to keep them updated, and show that you are wanting to make a real effort in making the payments. You could send a short note or email confirming you have made the payments with a list of who to and how much, or you could send receipts.x

its a good idea to either phone or write to them and give them your PayPlan reference number so they know you are actually talking to PP, and that they record the fact in your record. they may try to get you talking and get more info - don't. Your simply letting them know you have made a payment, ae drawing up a plan with PayPlan, and PayPlan will contact them soon. You dont need to discuss whyyou have a problem, how long its been going on, how much you earn or anything else. JUST you are making a payment and PP will contact them soon.