Tiaposy V Welcome

tiaposy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope you have that in writing. They cant label you anything as all customers have to be treated fairly.

to me that could be construed as Libel!

hmmm, must read the laws regarding libel. That could be a good one to sue them for

is it defamation of character ?:D

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we found that stated on our computer notes.

"We must have a meeting with Our Customers and re educate them. Show them they can`t keep messing us about" NICE!

Cheers MARK

I think welcome forgot that they are supposed to be a responsible lender as opposed to a loan shark (allegedly!!)

Well I used to work in recruitment and we had to be really careful of the notes we put on about people, even to the point of describing what they looked like - we used to be able to take a pic so we could remember them in the 100's we interviewed, but had to stop that and put a description instead, but it had to be really vague and no personal comments and certainly nothing that was our opinion about them...not sure if this would be the same, but any person could send us £10 and we had to allow them access to complete file, paper and computer notes and if they found anything bad they could sue us!

I am sure there is some Act about the information that is stored and if you have a copy of something like that on your 'notes' then I would have thought you could get somewhere. I wouldnt have thought we would have had it thrown down our throats in the recruitment industry unless there was some legal vein to it.

Sorry to hijack your thread, but could I just ask a general question regarding data protection... if Welcome call me on my mobile and I say that it's me when they ask, shouldn't they still go through security questions before discussing the account? I just challenged the lovely lady from Welcome on this point - her view was that she'd called my personal mobile which is a private number!! Fool.

Sorry to hijack your thread, but could I just ask a general question regarding data protection... if Welcome call me on my mobile and I say that it's me when they ask, shouldn't they still go through security questions before discussing the account? I just challenged the lovely lady from Welcome on this point - her view was that she'd called my personal mobile which is a private number!! Fool.

scarlet I believe that they have to ask you security questions but then welcome never do!!

not sure what the rules are if you dont get asked but I want to find out

where are our legal experts tonight ??

They are not allowed to contact you at work and if you answer the phone when they call, under data protection they have to ask you security questions, probably your date of birth. Where i work we are not allowed to carry your employment or next of kin details on our computer system in case anyone was to hack into our system, again data protection.

Christmas48 - I wasnt aware they couldnt call at work? They called me yesterday - was highly embarrassing, you know the scenario 'yes, no, cant talk'...awkward to say the least - I called back later and ripped the guy to pieces for it. It was funny cos he was saying stuff like 'why answer if you cant talk'...er its a work phone and doesnt say who is calling so am I supposed to just ignore all work calls and get the sack and he went on saying well we call your mobile, why dont you call back - you never leave a message mate so why should I....he then said 'Oh can I have your password'....too late I said you have been discussing info with me - he said 'confirm your password', red rag to a bull 'no' I said like a spoilt child...he said 'I will end the call'...good I said!

Sorry to hijack just wanted to check something. I've already sent a cca which they've failed on, although they're claiming my re-write didn't need a new agreement!!!! The 'welcome guru' that is post has advised me to re-issue a cca plus send an Subject Access Request, done today......but........wha t happens if welcome go ****'s up before they comply??? Can my 'debt!!!!' (ha ha) be passed on to some mickey mouse dca??? Do i need to also lodge my complaint with someone???

dont even get into a conversation with them i know its hard. see if you can tape the phone conversation or take the persons name and job title. they cant speak to you like that and if i ever spoke to anyone like that i would be pulled up on it.

Just say to them that they are not allowed to call you at work and to put it in writing. they think that if they hassle you then you will just give in and pay them.

just sit tight for now. if they do go belly up its likely that all thier accounts will be sold on to another company, this could take ages and they have to verify you first. just wait for a letter, unless you fancy winding them up and just ring them all the time, that seems to be what they do with everyone else!!!

Well you know what that did cross my mind! I was going to ring them just to annoy them seeing as they do it and pretend it wasnt me and start asking them awkward questions and see how they like it!

• 1 month later...

In light of the result from the 'Supreme(!)' court regarding bank charges, can I still claim charges from Welcome?

I owe them £140 and they owe me £155 in charges, the last one being a £50.00 charge for a 'SKIP TRACE', just because I wouldn't answer the phone to them!!

Thanks

letters I have received from Welcome either say they do not subscribe to the banking code or they do subscribe to the banking code, Ive had both. They quote whatever suits them at the time. However, they are not a bank and they cannot justify the charges they make. For instance a phone call by a person on 25k and working 37.5hr/ week works out at about 25p/minute. £5 or £10 is a penalty and cannot be justified as actual cost to them. This is just my opinion of course but the facts justify serious protest. Ask them to detail actual cost for these various charges to enable you to properly challenge them

as the outstanding is less than the disputed charges I would ask them to justify these charges to your satisfaction before you will make the final payment. Tell them as far as your concerned this is a dispute and it is up to them to supply the detail of these charges for your examination. Also say that if they ignore you then you will consider the account fully paid. These charges that they add when they feel like it get on my wick. I suppose you have the individual charges detailed as on a statement. Again this is only my opinion and the way I would tackle it, others more experienced on here may have a different input.

Wow, they don't give up to they?

I have written to the head office. I am still getting daily calls from the local office. Bearing in mind they shut at 5.00 they have just rung me from one of their mobiles (I kept a note of the 4 different ones from last time!).

I sent a message back saying all correspondance is to be in writing only. They are now sending texts asking who I am!

I have said "you work for welcome, you phoned me". They are now trying with the number witheld!

They really don't employ the brightest people do they?? Made me chuckle though

I didnt think they were allowed to use mobile numbers??

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

• dx100uk changed the title to welcome - Just a question