Nationwide Halved Overdrfat!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I’m writing on behalf a my panicking brother,

He tried to make a debit card payment today and it was refused due to insufficient funds, when he checked his balance it said £922 into overdraft…as his overdraft is £1050

I checked his online banking for him and noticed they have halved the overdraft to £500 without telling him, now he is £422 over his limit!

He’s bounced a few things in the past 6 months but has always paid their charges and has been on track for maybe 2 months now.

Is there anything he can do? This wages will now be swallowed up tomorrow and he has car insurance, mobile phone bill and Nationwide loan payment due in next couple of days all will now bounce etc.

He cant get through yet on the phone but when he does what should he say?

People who haven't made mistakes, haven't made anything!

Did he actually have a £1000 overdraft or did he have £500 overdraft + £500 change limit. I had this happen to me a number of times, I had an agreed £500 overdraft limt but every few months they would increase it and when I looked at "overdrafts" online there would be "you have an agreed £500 overdraft and a change limit of £1000 has been reserved for you". The weird thing is it would allow me to go up to £1000 overdrawn but they would just take it away causing everything to bounce, this cycle has been repeated for years and i'm convinced it was Nationwide's underhanded way to cause me even more grief. I've never got to the bottom of this.

[/url]

Nationwide

Won

Capital One

Won

Citibank

Part win

GE Capital

Won

Exchange your council house for free.

www.UseMyPlace.com

i understand what your saying as it happened to me too...but no he actually had £1050 agreed

he's just heading for the bank but i suggested he gets a new account elsewhere asks for his wages in cash and re-sets his DD form there...

panic over - he went to the bank and they were unhelpful untill he said well at midnight you're going to bounce a payment to yourself for my loan...they put his Overdraft back to £1000 and said he can reduce it by £10 a month untill its zeroed, if he keeps it good for 2 months from then they will give him back full overdraft facilities - we'll see! still at £10 a month payback that will be some time away!