style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

please excuse any mistakes, as this is the first time i have posted. I need help with my council tax arrears, they are now £740. I have phoned my council (north warwickshire borough council) who have said that they are going to be sent to bristow and sutor. I have tried asking them to accept an instalment plan, but they are refusing point blank, and have been very rude to me just saying i should have paid my council tax on time. I have even tried speaking to their supervisors. but with my husband being made redundant, and starting his own business, money has been extremely tight. I have phoned bristow and sutor, and as yet they have not recieved my file. Bristow and sutor are also saying that they wont send out a letter first they will just turn up at my house. I am also concerned that if they turn up, we run our business from our garage at home which is always open, is that still classed as entering our premises if they enter our garage! and will that give them the right to enter our house at a different time? I have tried reading through other posts but it is just so confusing to me. Please can someone help me ASAP, as i do not know what to do next!

thank you

Hi,

please excuse any mistakes, as this is the first time i have posted. I need help with my council tax arrears, they are now £740. I have phoned my council (north warwickshire borough council) who have said that they are going to be sent to bristow and sutor. I have tried asking them to accept an instalment plan, but they are refusing point blank, and have been very rude to me just saying i should have paid my council tax on time. I have even tried speaking to their supervisors. but with my husband being made redundant, and starting his own business, money has been extremely tight. I have phoned bristow and sutor, and as yet they have not recieved my file. Bristow and sutor are also saying that they wont send out a letter first they will just turn up at my house. I am also concerned that if they turn up, we run our business from our garage at home which is always open, is that still classed as entering our premises if they enter our garage! and will that give them the right to enter our house at a different time? I have tried reading through other posts but it is just so confusing to me. Please can someone help me ASAP, as i do not know what to do next!

thank you

If your garage is attached to your house then I believe the answer is yes. Does your garage have to be easily accessible, temporarily could it not be closed and a bell or similar be used.

If you have a sensible payment plan in mind then you can always pay the Council direct online, this method of payment has to be accepted by them. You must try to deny the Bailiff entry to your property, hide your car and make sure there is nothing outside he can levy on. If he gains entry then it is whole different ball game as the charges can quickly escalate.

Have a good indepth read of some of the other posts here to get a feel of what happens.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for your reply, i have tried to contact the council but they are refusing to accept any payment or installment plan, so i dont think i can pay online to them. as for the garage we cant close the door all day, and we have nowhere to park our van except for our drive. Can they take the van? as we only use it for our business, and cannot run our business without it.

thanks again

they cant touch the van if it is used for your business does it have business insurance on it

if you have exhausted all avenues with the council to try and set up a payment plan then i would get in touch with your MP and ask him to help you

yes it has only got business insurance on it. I have tried phoning bristow and sutor again, and they have still not been sent the details from the council. I am phoning everyday to make sure i get to them before it is passed to their bailiffs, so i can make a payment plan with them.

thanks again

Thanks for your reply, i have tried to contact the council but they are refusing to accept any payment or installment plan, so i dont think i can pay online to them. as for the garage we cant close the door all day, and we have nowhere to park our van except for our drive. Can they take the van? as we only use it for our business, and cannot run our business without it.

thanks again

Have had a look at your Council website and note you have to register to enable you to use their service. Appreciate that they may turn you down but have you tried to register. The other method is through A & L BillPay, much more straightforward registration and allows you to pay online. Please note you do not have to ring them to ask to pay this way and how much you pay is controlled by yourself.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest Happy Contrails
I am also concerned that if they turn up, we run our business from our garage at home which is always open, is that still classed as entering our premises if they enter our garage!

No. A garage is not a dwellinghouse - even if there is an locked internal door leading into the property.