HBOS - Halifax Bank of Scotland - Change to Charging on Overdrafts from December 2009

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4252 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Evening Folks,

Regarding the change to charging by HBOS from december. I have produced a letter and mailed it to my local MP. I am hoping that others will do the same and send it to everyone they can. I am opening this new thread.

I would appreciate it if those who do send letters to MP's and to HBOS (either my template or their own) would update this thread with any feedback they recieve.

Sincerely

M.Keatings

[Attached word document]

[ Your Address Here ]

[Address of Local MP]

Dear [Name of MP],

I write to you today in regards to Halifax Bank of Scotland’s decision to amend its charging structure from December. This action is being taken despite the protest of its consumers. It is my belief that the new charging structure will only serve to penalise those who most need the use of their overdraft facility.

Time and time again we have seen the banking organisations take advantage of those who require the use of credit facilities. This latest action only serves to re-enforce their blatant disregard for those who require the use of their overdraft facility in order to live day to day.

A number of examples we’re listed on BBC’s Watchdog program including one which saw a woman who currently pays only £6 for her current overdraft facilities now facing the prospect of paying £120 for the same service. Many consumers currently banking with HBOS are unable to move to another bank because of their need for an overdraft facility and the fact that the current financial climate means that they would be unable to get the same facility elsewhere.

While I understand that HBOS is a private organisation, public money taken from our tax was used to financially support the banks during a time of unrest in the financial sector. However, as a thank you the banks have stepped up their abuse of consumers.

It is my belief that the government has a responsibility to take measures to ensure that consumers are not penalised by the banks. If the government does not take some sort of a stance on this issue then there will be nothing to stop other banking organisations following suit and consumers having nowhere to turn.

There is currently an ongoing investigation into the fairness of bank charges. If the OFT saw fit to look into this issue then how can there not be questions raised about this latest manoeuvre. It is my belief that HBOS are putting in place measures to reduce the impact of charges being reclaimed should the court’s not rule in their favour regarding the OFT test case. All HBOS has done is shift charging from unauthorised overdraft fees to its customers who stay within the limits of their overdraft facility. This is simply disgraceful.

I would appreciate it if you could raise this with your parliamentary colleagues and with the appropriate statutory regulators. I would also appreciate ongoing written correspondence regarding this matter.

Sincerely,

Your Name

DECEMBERHBOSCHARGELETTER.doc

It's disgusting...who do they squeeze when they want more money? Those that can least afford to pay extra. I sincerely hope that every Halifax customer closes their account.

Letter saved and printed.

Thread moved.

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.