How ready are various DCA's or Original Creditors to go to Court?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4802 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had many DCA's and original Credit Card Companies threaten to take me to Court over arrears. So far I have managed to agree freezing of interest and lower more affordable monthly payments with most at the eleventh hour.

The main problem I currently have is with a Direct Line Personal Loan where Spratt Endecot (solicitors) are involved and threatening Court action. RBS/Dirrect Line have consistently refused to accept a much lower payment. I have CCA'd them and the Loan Agreement seems to be generally OK but I am seeking advice on this (see other thread about Direct Line Loan Agreements) but I don't know how RBS/Direct Line they will go - or if they will eventually agree to a reasonable monthly payment. Has being 73% owned by us softened or hardened them? After all Stephen Hester needs to make his £8 million bonus! And we all know how hard the Tax man can be!

Basically I would like to know what experiences other caggers have had - particularly with Direct Line.

I have also just CCA'd Fredpay, BCW, DLC, 1st Credit and Debitas. Any info on how far this lot will push if I put their Accounts in Dispute?

Thanks in advance

BD

Edited by Bigdebtor
typos

the only one I know of that will take you straight to court, usually before they contact you is CL Finance along with thier sidekick Mutley Cohens

CL F**witts will defin. always go for court as the PGH said what they pretty much always do, is pull out before it actually gets to that stage.

9 times out of ten a DCA will bolt after a defense is filled.

I CAN NOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH.

Unless they are holding an enforceable CCA.

Advice is on here to be got, don't let CL scare you they must be running at lose by now. Any word on the parent company soon to be in administration CATTLES???

How long can they continue to buy unenforceable turkeys???

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

• 1 year later...

OH received a court claim from CL within a few days of the expiry of the DN.

CL/Cohens are locked in letter ping pong with me, DN served at the same time as OH but no claim issued, been going on for almost three months now, they just keep asking what my grounds are for them not to issue a claim.

Keep telling them, but the letters keep coming - but no claim (yet).

Beachy

Tbe fact this has been going on for 3 months has to tell to you something, CL and the reptilian brother HC are known for there aggressive speed, but they've get a lot of failures and this costs them money, so maybe you have something they are cautious about. Lets face it daddy company 'Cattles plc' is due a general meeting 31 Jan, when shareholders could pull the plug on this outfit. Where will that leave the loan book?

Hey sorry to hijack, lets keep on the subject8-).

The advice above is good about using CP

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

FredPay should be ignored and they will go to Bryan Carter, as mentioned they are easily seen off.

BCW have just been brought out to Gothia so might be a good opportunity to offer a full and final to them.

1st Credit have been warned by the OFT so get a complaint in about the harrassment.

Debitas are usually best ignored, especially if they are after an old Cap1 agreement.

Cattles are about to be poo'd on (if that isnt a proper word it should be!) and a creditors meeting is being held in a few days time... again try an F&F.

SG

That is EXACTLY the type of valuable info I was hoping to get when I set this threadup in 2009. I'm delighted it's now getting a fresh airing and some valuable up to date info.

To add to your list of "clowns" I have always found Moorcroft and CSL relatively easy to kick into touch.

Spratt Endicott eventually gave up and hande dthe file back to RBS/Direct Line who then went to a proper firm of Scottish solicitors who settled (very quickly and easily - too easily?) at 40% - saving me over £3000 - which Spratt had said was "totally inadequate for their client to consider"!

DLC handed their Egg accounts back to EGG - and I've agreed to pay Fredpay £5 per month until I'm 136 years old - frozen interest and charges.

I've heard nothing from 1st credit for over a year - since I sent my £1 postal order (cashed pretty quickly) but no CCA or even any reconsituted bluff!

The one who is hounding me just now which I'm most concerned about currently is Cabot who seem to have just bought a Barclaycard Credit Card debt which has been in dispute for over a year - Barclaycard did not even acknowledge my CCA request. I'm about to do a PROVE IT letter to Cabot using CPUTR 2008 and will see where we go from here.

From other theads Shoosmiths seem to like to go to court - although their cases are often like their name - a load of misspelled cobblers!

Thanks again for your input.

BD

• Confused 1

Sorry didnt mean to hijack.

Saw BD's comment earlier on so thought I'd revive the thread by adding CL/Cohens name.

If anyone would like to read cohens latest letter :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?276737-GE-Money-Debenhams-to-CL&p=3261298&viewfull=1#post3261298

Another DCA that was very quick to issue a claim against us was Link, BUT they really got their butt kicked in court & lost plus had to pay our legal fees, which was thousands £'s.

BC

• 3 weeks later...
Tbe fact this has been going on for 3 months has to tell to you something, CL and the reptilian brother HC are known for there aggressive speed, but they've get a lot of failures and this costs them money, so maybe you have something they are cautious about. Lets face it daddy company 'Cattles plc' is due a general meeting 31 Jan, when shareholders could pull the plug on this outfit. Where will that leave the loan book?

The advice above is good about using CP

I googled Catlles and found the meeting on 31 Jan approved a take over by a new Company (Sept 2010) called "Bovess" - sounds a bit of a take on "Bovine" to me? I wonder if there are any directors or major shareholders in common?

Anyway it's nice to hear of a DCA in trouble who survived from 1927 up till now. Major creditors appear to be Welcome Finance and Ewbank - so another two losing their shirts here hopefully?

BD

Edited by cerberusalert

• 3 weeks later...

Saw BD's comment earlier on so thought I'd revive the thread by adding CL/Cohens name.

If anyone would like to read cohens latest letter :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?276737-GE-Money-Debenhams-to-CL&p=3261298&viewfull=1#post3261298

Another DCA that was very quick to issue a claim against us was Link, BUT they really got their butt kicked in court & lost plus had to pay our legal fees, which was thousands £'s.

BC

Link got hammered by PT2537 in Mold last week too! Hopefully they'll change their name to sLINK (as in "away with tail between legs").