Loved, Lost and Remembered.

Spamalot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4784 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A thread to remember our dearly departed pets.

A week ago today our darling pussycat Vienna passed away after an extremely short but serious illness.

The veterinary group involved were wonderful at the time and today I received a card from them expressing their condolences which I thought was a lovely gesture.

Sadly due to financial straights I could not afford to have her cremated seperately and bring her ashes home :( But she will always be remembered in our hearts and I hope she will understand.

There were many CAGgers whose kind words and poems helped me through the initial pain of her loss and I'd like to thank them again for their wonderful support..

Spam.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

I'm sorry spam:(

I still miss my beautiful Russian Blue, Dushka, who thankfully only died of old age, my litttle blue lurcher Cleo (hit and killed by a car when she was only 2), and my stunning fawn lurcher Daisy, rescued from Battersea at 5 years old, when she wouldn't even come out from under the cupboard for weeks as she'd been so badly treated, but came on in the following months and years to be a beautiful natured and incredibly affectionate girl. They were all years ago but I still miss each one very much.

Big hugs to you spam xx

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

• 2 weeks later...

My little fluffy cat has had 5 kittens. One was very tiny at birth and we tried to make sure he got his share of mums milk. He seemed fine for the first week but then started to cry a bit and was very light in weight . I got him a bottle and me and daughter fed him every 2 hours and mum cat also tried to stimulate him.

Sadly he died overnight between daughter feeding him and me getting up to see to him early in the morning.

I know I should be happy the other 4 are fine and I am but I feel so sad for that little scrap and daughter is terribly upset :(

Kittens are totally gorgeous. I can't let my cat have them as I would never give any away!

Have just had the 7 month old neutered today. Was a bit worried about how she'd be but you'd never know she'd be done if her side wasn't shaved! She's as playful as always.

I woke this morning to find one of my rescue moggies had died in her sleep. She was at least 9 years old, probably a fair bit more as she was an adult when we took her from the RSPCA. She was anorexic when we got her and I had to sit for hours as she would eat if someone stayed right by her and encouraged her.

God knows I have enough cats but there is one hell of a cat shaped empty space in the house today

Great thread Spammie :)

This is for Jacob.

Wise, gentle, solomn, loyal to death and my hero.

He was a rescue dog, found the day after Bonfire Night and taken to a Rescue Centre. I'd just been widowed, and on a complete whim asked my neice to take me to the centre. There he was, our eyes met and I was in love.

He was about 9 when I got him. He was absolutely terrified of fireworks and had obviously run off in a panic and got lost. Why didn't someone move the ends of the Earth to find this wonderful dog? I would have if he'd gone.

He saved me from my grief, looked after me faithfully. I remember I took him out one dark night and a hoodied youth ran at us from down a side alley. Jake left the floor like a panther, launching himself at the lad. Fortunately for him the lead brought him up short. He ran off swearing at us.

I had Jake for 4 years. Every Bonfire night (and 2 weeks before and after) he was a wreck. I hate fireworks on his behalf. God knows what all the animals and birds in the wild must go through.

Finally, as his body failed and despite the tranquillisers prescribed by the Vet, he panicked when a massive banger went off, slipped and fell and damaged his hips and ultimately, because of his age, had to be put down.

Pictured (furthest away) below with my current dog Heiko, who was "singing" to him.

Thankyou Jake for helping me through. Bless you.

t82ie1.jpg

Edited by Undercover-Elsa

Elsa, he was so beautiful, they both are.

This is so sad - my heart breaks this time of year for all animals. Miss Molly died 4 years ago and used to nearly have a heart attack over the fireworks. Cassie died in June and she was the same. I got sedation for them from my vet but it was so pitiful to see them "a bit out of it" but still crying.:(

Unfortunately I didn't have the time with Missy to find out how she would have reacted.

Last night I think I came nearer to understanding what the blitz was like. In my area it goes on for weeks and then they start again at Christmas and New Year:mad:

I wonder if all GSDs are all like this.

I feed the foxes most nights but last night they didn't come for the food until early this morning. I think they were frightened to death.

Cassie xx

He is beautiful and I am so sorry.

Why won't they ban fireworks? People have died, pets have died, like Cassie says it must terrify the wild animals, half the little kids are frightened of them anyway. Its probably all about profits

I agree with you that fireworks need to be banned.... some are so loud these days that they sound like bombs. :eek: I'm lucky in the sense that I probably get less than most people because of where I live, but they're still there and one my cats is very spooked by them.

On a different note, I had a rescue cat; Jimmy, for many years. He was 6 when I took him in. He'd had to have his tail amputated because of cruelty in his past when someone had tried to chop it off and his balance was never very good.... but he was the most loyal and loving cat I've ever had and never went far from the garden.

I had him for 7 years before he developed kidney and heart problems. He took medication every day for 6 months towards the end, but one week-end, he swelled up very badly and I knew that his time was near; the vet had pre-warned me that this would happen. I was just thankful that he'd managed to live through his last Summer before the end.

Remembered always with lots of love...

• 3 weeks later...

Just catching up after my computer escapades!

That's a lovely story Priority One-and so nice to see someone taking an injured animal in. So many people want perfection. I go the other way too, I can't resist the waifs and strays.

On the fireworks front, in the end it wasn't too bad round here (don't think there's much money about to buy them!) But they should definitely be banned except for official displays.

I'm lucky with my other shepherd though (the one singing on the pic) - he's very vocal and fun loving. You can hold long conversations with him (and I frequently do! :) ). He thinks he's human.

Since he was a pup I've always made a point of making out firework noise to be fun, so now he dances around and we all go "whoooo" together LOL.

He had panosteitis as a pup- a very painful bone disorder where spirals of bone overgrow inside the long bone cavity- and was on very restricted movement for months, when he was only 4 months old.

To make up for this I invented static games and lessons..he'd sit and I'd throw one toy after another to him in rapid succession and he'd catch/drop catch/drop ...so fast. Then demand it all over again, grinning. He learned every toys name and would pick them out on request. (Note request, not command- I train in a whisper- they listen harder! ;) )

Very bright lad, the best, and over the problem now he's 8, but those early months made such a strong bond between us.

Hope I have him for many more years, bless him.

He's seen off a doorstep collector too, hehe.

Elsa x

• 2 months later...

David1970, I have reported you for spamming the forum with your signature - it is against site rules.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

RIP Taz. We've lost a loving and much loved member of the family.

For those who didn't know about him, he was a flat coated retriever that had to be put to sleep a couple of weeks ago. We'd had him for 11 years, which apparently is exceptional for this breed as they rarely live past 9. Fortunately for him the end was swift and I like to think he had a good life.

I've rarely seen Mr C so devastated. My 23 yo son was persuaded to join us on a walk with Taz on Christmas Eve where they played together in the snow, and we got some lovely photos. DD is devasted as she went back to uni the day before he died and we had no idea that she wouldn't see him again.

As a gun dog he was an absolute waste of space as he was terrified of loud bangs.:rolleyes:

Wouldn't have had him any other way though. Night night and God bless old friend.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Dont know if my spelling will be very good in this post so apologies in advance :rolleyes:

In loving memory of Tulsa, the most beautiful black labrador who I paid £30 for to a breeder who didn't want her because she had 3 white hairs on her neck! Boy, am I glad they were there!!

She was 11 weeks old when I got her and she lived to the ripe old age of 13 which is a really good age for the breed. The pain of losing her however, still remains to this day and she's been gone for 4yrs.

The most loving loyal dog whose sole aim in life was to please me. I miss her so much but I know she's at peace.

Thank you for the years we had. I love you Tulsa and we'll meet again in the future.

Thank you for the years we had. I love you Tulsa and we'll meet again in the future.

My Mum had dogs all of her 86 years and bred a fair few litters of assorted breeds too. In fact we still have her 14 yo apricot miniature poodle. :smile:

You just made me wonder how many dogs she had waiting for her when she was reunited with them. That would be heaven for her. :)

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Do you know chaps, I'm nearly 50 years old and I've had animals (dogs in particular) all around me for each of those 50 years. I can remember every single one of them, even the first heart break - I was 4 years old, and I can see myself sitting on the front step waiting for my grandad to come home, I was beside myself because the blue budgie Pepi had died. I can still feel the pain today! I think we belong to a special breed ourselves don;t you?

Although we know deep down they cannot live as long as us, somewhere we find the strength to accept that they had their due, and a very good due with us it was too, and we go out and have yet another pet just because we can! Thank goodness we do.

Thanks Cassie. x

Hi Sam,

So sorry to hear that. Know just what you're going through.

17 was a good age for a dog, you were lucky to have her for so long, and brave to make the final decision for her when needed.

It's so hard to do that.

One thing I'm sure of...Lucy will never leave you.

Take care,

Elsa x

Sam, I'm so sorry. When I had to have Miss Molly put to sleep (first time I ever had to do this) someone sent me this poem. It made me weep but was very comforting too. I hope it gives you some comfort as it did me.

If it should be I grow frail and weak

And pain prevents my peaceful sleep.

Then you must do what must be done

When this last battle can't be won.

You will be sad, I understand.

Selfishness might stay your hand.

But on this day, more than the rest,

Your love and friendship take the test.

We've had so many happy years

That what's to come can hold no fears.

You'd not want me to suffer. So,

When the time comes, please let me go.

Take me where my needs they'll tend.

Only stay with me until the end.

Hold me firm and speak to me.

Until my eyes no longer see.

I know, in time, you, too, will see

It is a kindness that you do for me.

Although my tail it's last has waved,

From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Do not grieve it should be you.

Who must decide this thing to do.

We've been so close, we two, these years......

Don't let your heart hold any tears.

Lots of love and hugs.

Cassie xx