Casperlady and Howard Cohen in court next week for SJ hearing. - help?!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats fine and dont worry about the rep im here to assist all on Cag.But when someone posts a question like that out of the blue well I think you would know my response.We are not here to judge anyone on Cag only to help each other and i believe if I can help with my knowledge and experience then that is what i will continue to do.Its at your discretion but you can edit out as it makes no difference to the thread or anyone else who is following this thread.

Regards

Andy

Edited by Andyorch
  • Haha 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

:D that pleases me

Regards

Andy

Edited by Andyorch
edit

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

It wasn't posted out of the blue as I had previously posted on this thread.

I was just seeking clarification as the last statements about being on benefits might well mean that casperlady might well qualify for some financial assistance with some of the costs when making applications at court.

It it came across other than an attempt at any thing other than trying to help than I apologise but my intentions were nothing but honourable.

Hi CL

Sorry, joined your thread a little late.

Do you have any property to protect?

Only asking as I'd be inclined to screw cohens to as little as possible and seek some assistance from your utility providers.

N245 with gas at £100.00 Per month, Leccie at £150.00 per month etc etc, they drew you into litigation the least they can expect for their efforts is repayments at a £1.00 a month via a dodgy judgement.

Gez

Hi

Property would mean that the creditor would look to secure debt with a C.O, if you have no property then they can gain no security...... their costs would be wasted and you would play them at their own game by evaluating N245 at bare minimum for servicing purposes.

Typical ploy (assuming you are on monthly d/d with utility) is to call provider and inflate readings......... rather pay excess to gas and electric supplier for short term whilst order set to see monthly payments fall at year 2.

In most cases (if not all) they'll effect an interim order with little fuss, its the actual C.O that causes problems at a later date if encumbered with C.I

If creditors were more reasonable there would never be a need for such activity.

Meant to add, I do not condone such activity ........... much :-)

Gez

Thank you DD sorry if I am asking the obvious but here to learn.

no probs

a creditor, once he has a CCJ may apply for a charging order on your property if you fail to adhere to the terms of the CCJ

if you persist in failing to adhere after that he may apply to make the order absolute which means you could be forced to sell the property to realise the funds

it is a long way down the line but increasingly sought after by creditors so

all attempts to get a ccj should be resisted/defended if at all possible

there are strategies that can be employed to defeat them if employed early enough in the process

Evening all.

Thanks middinmiss, I know you posted before on the thread. I did briefly look into if I could get the court fee waived but it didn't seem I was on the 'right' benefits for that!

Hi gezwee, no I don't have any property to protect. No assets at all, I don't even own the car. Solicitor looked quite disapointed when I told her that in our little meeting.

Anyway, my update for today is that I have posted the form to the court, first class recorded, along with postal orders for the fee and for my first payment to CL Finance...(ouch - I really am poor now!) But they still have to accept the proposal. Need to keep everything crossed for this.. :(

Hi gezwee, no I don't have any property to protect. No assets at all, I don't even own the car. Solicitor looked quite disapointed when I told her that in our little meeting.

That'll teach the greedy shysters, bet she looked sick at the thought of her client seeing a quid a month for the next 5 years :lol:

Thank you!! I'll keep you posted of course.

Actually, that's a thought. As I have no assets they will probably get alot more from me by accepting my monthly payments at £30 per month than by me going bankrupt...?

Hi CL

30 squid a month sounds like far too much if you are on benefits....... did you miss anything from your i&e calculations when preparing N245?

As for Bankruptcy....... can't see it happening, they'll be wary of throwing another £1500.00 into the pot with no reasonable expectation of a return.

I am new to this thread and you need to follow the excellent advice you are receiving.

However, from what I have read I would not even consider for a minute going bankrupt in the next 28 days. Do what people are recommending and see what happens.

If it goes in your favour its sorted. If it goes completely against you and you are ordered to pay the lot just wait for more advice. It will cost you money to go bankrupt so why do it. Just wait for CL to do it if they want to throw good money after bad, which I doubt they will want to do.

Its all about bottom line profits to them and spending money to bankrupt people for no return will reduce profits and not increase them.

Stay calm.

Pedross

Hi gezwee, yes 30 squids is alot and it's dependent on my OH taking over the gas bill, had to juggle things about a bit. It's probably a mistake too but I thought it might be better to offer as much as possible.

Thanks for your advice too pedross. That's a good point too, I'm hoping they will accept the offer, but does anyone know what will happen if they don't and then my 28 days is up and I can't pay anything?

Hi gezwee, yes 30 squids is alot and it's dependent on my OH taking over the gas bill, had to juggle things about a bit. It's probably a mistake too but I thought it might be better to offer as much as possible.

Thanks for your advice too pedross. That's a good point too, I'm hoping they will accept the offer, but does anyone know what will happen if they don't and then my 28 days is up and I can't pay anything?

Hi CL

Never offer more than you can afford. N245 submission is for a redetermination of your payment schedule and your application will include full income and expenditure. Be realistic with the figures you set and err on the high side for utility bills etc.

This will be placed before a DJ and his order will be binding on the claimant to accept what you can affordably manage.

They won't like it but hey thats their problem.

If council tax etc goes up next year and you need to reduce payments you can reapply and try to reduce order.

Bankruptcy........ahem - if they threaten it I'd take it with a pinch of salt, just cannot see why they'd bother - nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Gez

offering too much and then not being able to keep up payments is worse than offering nothing at all

your bargaining position is increased the less you offer

dont forget you CAN add into your I & E modest monthly savings towards a holiday ( say 50- 100 per month)

hopefully that will reduce your offer down to around a fiver which is where it should be!!

as you have no assets- what will happen is ...........

diddly squat

you are a "woman of straw" you will get some huffing and puffing

you can say- (in more polite terms of course)

I do not have a pot to **** in- so if you wish to spend more money making me bankrupt to make you feel better then please feel free- for it will give me great satisfaction knowing that you are paying for what i would probably have done myself before -but will not now do because i dont like you