i want to cancel fitness first membership

akata24
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have membership for three months with fitness first, and they give one month free,but i have no time and intrest to go to the gym anymore, i got bored,i was told i can,t cancel it till december. can anyone help what to do?? anna

I have membership for three months with fitness first, and they give one month free,but i have no time and intrest to go to the gym anymore, i got bored,i was told i can,t cancel it till december. can anyone help what to do?? anna

Get in there now with a recorded delivery letter and say that you wish to terminate your membership.

Time is money here, so if you think there may be a problem because of the postal strike, then take it in and get them to sign for it.

Can you scan and post up here your contract?

click on this link Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and at the top click on 'Join Now'. it is free.

You scan your contract into your computer and upload it to that site. It will give you a web address which you copy and post on here.

All the instructions are in photobucket.

ok. i do it, if i find tomorrow wireless to camera. i just find my contract and its sais that membership is gold monthly 48.95 start date 08.09.09 direct debit start date 01.10.09. It says I understand that my membership is for minimum period of 3 months,after which it can be terminated by giving one calendar mont,s notice, which may be given to coincide with end of minimum term.

Ok, that is enough, so you haven't reached the end of the second month yet, is that correct?

You should write saying the following.

In accordance with your terms and conditions, I hereby give you one calendar months notice that I will be terminating my membership on 8th November 2009.

Now as I mentioned, you need to get this to them and have proof that they received it. These gyms don't seem to see reason when it comes to cancellation, so you should address it to 'The Manager', take it there in person and get the girl/man at the desk to sign to say they have received it.

I take it English is not your first language, well we have a saying in England that things can come back to bite you on the bum, and if you don't get proof that they received it and the date they received it, you might just find they will deny they ever received it.

I really wouldn't chance the Royal Mail at the present time.

which may be given to coincide with end of minimum term

Can you confirm that it says "may" be given and not "must" be given?

you are right I am from poland. heh

I join on 08.09.09, and the lady at the desk told me to cancel on beginning on november, to be finish at the end of december. I tell that to write tem letter now, and i will go personally there because i don,t trust post office.

You don't have to wait until exactly one month before giving notice.

Have you given them your bank details and set up a direct debit to make the monthly payments? If so, you should go to your bank and cancel that direct debit so nothing can be taken from it.

As you started on 8th September, then your time is up on 8th December and not on the end of December.

I said one months notice to terminate membership on 8th November, that should read terminate on 8th December.

Can you just confirm you have that right as I would hate something to go wrong.

If you would like to put up here what you have written before you seal the envelope, we can make sure it is correct.

Edited by Conniff

Hello akata.

I knew something like this would happen.

Really do need the exact wording of that cancellation condition. If it says after 1 paid months or the 3 months start at the end of the free month.

You can type it up here instead of using photobucket, but will need it to show exactly what it says.

Edited by Conniff