style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5298 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i got a pay day loan in may and lost my job in june, also my home everything really.

Because of not having no money they could not take it out of my bank.

But a recovery company used my card details given to them by payday uk and took out my benifit money 19/10/09.

Can they pass on my bank/card details to a third party, i thought that was a voilation of data protection act.

We now have no money until next week and i have children.

I telephoned the bank they told me the money was requested but not paid yet, they advised me to ring the company to ask is they could stop it, i done this but the lady on the other end said she could not and when they get the money account closed.

Is this all legal, can other companies take money from my bank if i have not gave them permission to do so?

many thanks

queen mum

Hi Queen

You need to get stroppy with your bank. Tell them this is a fraudulent transaction as you have never heard of the company that has taken the money. I don't believe they are legally allowed to transfer your card details on.

They can stop the payment. I would ask to speak to someone in their fraud department.

Good Luck

hi robjam1969

Thanks for that although i think it is now to late to stop the transaction, but i am gonna cause hell, i beleive this is wrong gonna do some ringing around in the morning.

queen mum x

I have just telephoned the bank they said and i quote "it is not fraud on your account because i had supplied them with my card details and because i owed them money they can pass my bank details on"

what a load of rubbish!!!!

is there anything i can do

The bank won't treat this as fraud as you have played a part in passing your card details on to the company who have then passed on your details to the 3rd party.

Its not fraud and can be treated as a dispute.

Call the bank and tell them you wish to dispute the transaction. They bank should be able to send you a disptue form and you will be able to try and dispute the transaction.

Cancel your debit card tell them you lost it or you think your numbers been compromised. And get new card number.

As for the DPA is there any experts on this act? I think it has been broken.