kia v scabby

kia
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome.

If you've sent your first letter, you should already have read the FAQs, in which case you would know the answer to your question. If you don't know what you're doing you could easily make a mistake

So, please have a thorough read of the FAQs (there's a Step by Step guide here too). You may want to print these out to refer to later

Then look at other threads in your bank's forum, so as you know what you can expect to happen

You need to spend 2 or 3 days gradually getting your head round everything.

There's a lot to take in, but it's time well spent and will ensure that you succeed in your claim without problems

When you feel confident that you understand the process and the various stages involved, start a new thread in your bank's forum and post your progress and any questions there

Good luck

sent first letter to the abbey and awaiting reply do i send second letter to them or what. Incidently they only senty some of the starements to my repeated requests at least eighteen months were missing maybe more

Looks like it Michael.

KIA - READ THE FAQs AND OTHER RELEVANT THREADS

READ THE FAQs AND OTHER RELEVANT THREADS

OK?

;) nn

FAQs: click here: http://READ THESE

Any views or opinions expressed are in good faith, to the best of my ability. I don't like to admit it, but I have been known to be wrong. Check other threads and if in doubt, seek professional advice.

Abbey: SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

BoS M/card SETTLED 27/09:lol:

Aqua CC (Halifax) SETTLED 28/06 :lol:

GMAC Request for refund 14/6; Prelim 31/7; LBA 11/9

First National Mortgage Data Protection Act sent 14/6 Statements 26/7

Cap 1 - SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

Abbey x 2: 50% offer refused AQ filed

just do it my way. have just sent off second letter only relised after reading faq.that ive done it completly wrong. should i start again or what. have also just relised that emails arent like texts doh! people dont always answer immediatly. ill have to learn more patience if im going to win this battle!

I think you need to clarify what you have actually done wrong??

REFUNDED

Hubbys - HSBC £4,165 paid 18/8 after MCOL issued :)

HSBC - £651 paid 18/8 after MCOL issued :)

HSBC - £147 Prel 7/8, LBA 21/8, MCOL 6/9 £241

Hubby Halifax - Prel 29/7 £215, LBA 21/8, Offer rec. £110 22/8, MCOL 6/9 £298

Abbey - £2758 - Prel 26/6, LBA 10/7 - MCOL 26/7 £3,391, offer 25/8 £1,755.94, paid £3567.32 after Case manag hearing

Barclays - £675 Prel7/8, LBA 21/8, offer received £300 MCOL 6/9 £998 - Paid £1,012 before going to Court

edited...duplicate second post

REFUNDED

Abbey - £2758 - Prel 26/6, LBA 10/7 - MCOL 26/7 £3,391, offer 25/8 £1,755.94, paid £3567.32 after Case manag hearing

Barclays - £675 Prel7/8, LBA 21/8, offer received £300 MCOL 6/9 £998 - Paid £1,012 before going to Court

sorry forgot that bit.sent first letter about two months ago but have since relised that letter was wrong as hadnt included charges from statements i hadnt got.so about 1 week ago sent another letter without reading faq as had problems registering and wasnt sure how to sort them so thought i would proceed on my own. after reading the faq now have relised i have made the following mistakes 1 didnt include list of charges 2 added interest on but didnt tell them i had 3 didnt send it recorded delivery.do i start again and forget other letters

Personally I would start again.

You are unlikely to have had any response apart from the standard letter churned out to everyone in reply to the first and second letter.

I actually received this letter 7 times even though I just sent my letters once.

Make sure you download templates, read FAQs and the read the letters before you post them.

HBOS Plc - £9,954.65 Received partial settlement - Court 6/12/06 default removal / compensation / declaration

MBNA - Settled in full £2,377.33

Abbey National - MoneyClaim filed 26/06/2006 £883.90

Lloyds TSB - Claim Filed 11/08/2006 £2,630.00

Egg.com - Claim Filed 11/08/2006 £1,393.60

GE Money - Claim Filed 11/08/2006 £965.22

Yes I would start again.. if in doubt ask!!! :)

So do you know how much you are claiming for?

REFUNDED

do i add the interest charges on the first letter as im all bambuzzled with all the info in the faq and i know its probably in there but please help as im frazzled

It probably won't matter, as the banks never seem to read the letters anyway!!!

However, no, don't add the interest at the beginning. It only gets added when you come to process the claim in court.

Hope that helps

Barclays - £268 - Moneyclaim

Capital One - £172 - Moneyclaim

Abbey (2nd claim) - Moneyclaim

---------------------------------------------------

HSBC - £2164.46- PAID IN FULL

MBNA - £471 - PAID IN FULL

NatWest - £307 - PAID IN FULL

Abbey Business - £314.15 - PAID IN FULL

have tried to open an account with first direct but failed as already have bad credit history probably because of charges! can anyone advise an account to open as were begining to panic in case they close our account.hubby needs an account for wagesetc as we all do

just recieved two identical letters in the post saying this thank you for letter regarding your rquest for a copy of the transactional data .Basically there saying i have recieved all im entitled to under the data protection act and im not entitled to any more under this act.Also the 40 days has expired so what now do i get a court date or keep persuing them for missing statements cause it all takes time.Its all just a delaying tactic.And do i estimate missing charges and claim them later help!

first letter all printed off ready to send tommorrow and its all a bit scarey and real lets hope i dont mess it up this time will let u know if and when they make contact

hi kia

good to see more people joining the fight. stick with it and dont be afraid to ask dumb questions. i do it all the time. there are some really good people on the forum who know their stuff.

good luck

steve

11th july. sent letter to abbey for list of charges on both accounts

17th and 18th july letters for both accounts regards the microfiche bluff.

28th july sent requested for repayment of charges.(bit late)

thanks i have got one question ive sent off first letter with estimated charges do i now send off another data protection letter requesting missing statements or wait till i go for court date and then get them then

Thank for your post on my thread. Now it's my turn on yours.

If you have sent your DPA letter with your payment of £10 and the 40 days are up. 1) You have the first lot of statements that are on there computer and you probably wont get the rest if it is for a large amount of money. 2) You must send an LBA letter, there are three to choose from depending on your situation. This gives the Scabbey 7 days to respond. 3) After they don't despond then you fill out a N1 form for non-compliance of DPA and take it to your local county court. This MUST go though on a N1 form whatever they say.

Then you wait again for a letter from a trainee solicitor telling you to bog off and go annoy someone else. (I have not got this far yet, but reading lots of threads everyone says the same thing).

Simcap.:confused: