Welcome Ppi Etc...

martski
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5136 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received a letter or response last week from Wellscum after i approached them for cancellation of PPI and repayment including return of fees for life insurance and a mortgage indemnity fee wrongly applied to my loan ( i had over 120% equity at time of loan!)

Anyway, after a call from them telling me they had refunded me 12 pounds ( hooray!) i asked why my monthly payments had not altered. they replied that "of course they wont" eh? what? how does that work then? i have a clear breakdown of costings for each part of the loan and this must surely be reflected when this ppi taken off. Anyway, never mind, im not too bothered about this as i will be victorious anyway ;)

This letter then arrived asking me they could not accept my complaint until i filled out this questionnaire they attached. i, of course did not complete it as it was very spurious and it had a space for my signature, along with daft obvious questions like " when did you agree and sign for ppi?" ha ha do i look like i was born yesterday and cant see were you are going with this?!:eek:

obviously i did not complete this and instead sent another letter detailing my complaint and detailing various aspects of the sale and what i want. also stating i can prove these "errors".

i await a reply and in meantime and curious to know if anyone else has had this questionairre and its outcome historically.:!::?:

I have to admit this is rather new territory for me (just used to doing the banks for charges back) i am however enjoying giving this **** some payback as we were desperate at the time and i felt a proper low life having to go cap in hand to these filth. :sad:

any comments will help me take this forward..

Thanks in advance guys

hiya

this might be of help

Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) - The Consumer Forums

and moved your thread to the welcome fourms which if you have a read around should enlighten you

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

I agree entirely that these questionnairs should never be completed, as the wording is biased in their favour should it ever get to the point where the fOS needs to adjudicate, or it gets to court.

In fact, I think it serves as a warning to all, NEVER to fill out such documents that arrive in response to ANY complaint against any company. They may appear entirely innocuous, and a simple way for that company to help you get your point across.

But in the vast majority of cases, they are drafted with a view to blowing your argument right out of the water.

In fact, it may be helpful to pass a copy of such questionnaires to the FOS when making your complaint, as this tactic is in itself cause for complaint and proof of such can only help strengthen your case.

We had one of these. We filled it in though. Whoops.

This was months ago at the very beginning of our complaint. We thought it best to fill it in and send it back, as you say, to get our point over correctly. no doubt we shall see how they intend to use this some time soon.

Cheers MARK

• 3 months later...

you wont beleive this, but ive only just got a reply!!

Its basically a redrwn contract with no mention of refunding me.

Ive torn the contract up and chucked it in the bin... ill be sending them another letter tomorrow asking them "why the mortage indemnity fee is still on the new one"?! Total idiots...

Anyway, im going nowhere matey, i am very patient and i will mess with them until they pay up and cancel these illegal additions to the loan.

I think its time to go to FSA also now as ive plenty of ammo....

How should i do that and were do i start people?

No mate, not exactly. Sorry wasnt more clear....

Mif was on original agg but ive asked them to remove the mif,ppi and life ins. They replied with just removal of ppi. So theres no way i was signing it as it gives them power to say i now agree to pay it sort of thing...:(

Trouble is with these nobs is that when you have more than one issue, theres another dept to deal with it. So if you have three issues then you can almost hear the fuses inside thier brains blowing! This of course, also works well for them. These so called depts are probably soemone sat on the other side of the office tossing paper into a bin waiting for the phone to ring in thier "dept".

I almost had a brain heamaorage (cant spell) the other month trying to acheive the feat of someone dealing with more than one thing at a time!

Anyway, ive emailed the FOS tonight withthe statndard complaint form. Could not sign it though as its a pdf. So i will post one as well on Monday.

Dont know were i got "FSA" from!! Think im losing it...even managed to put PPE on form instead of ppi. the FOS will think that Welscum are selling protective hats now!

Anyway, will keep this post going to its bitter end...

Just thought....protective hats is a great idea for welscum, as it can protect their victims from the massive amount of cack that undoubtadly is about to land on them in the form of debt..

Mark1arby.

I agree, i should have kept that agreement instead of ripping it up in a temper. Lose your cool and lose the fight isnt it?

Good advice and i will not destroy anything from now on....

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, today i got 2 letters, 1 from the FOS and one from the ****.

FOS letter was simply aknowledgement of receipt of complaint about wellscum and stated they are very busy so may wait a bit for actioning.. ive no prob with this as im patient chap ;)

Anyway, letter from wellscum says as ive not signed and returned their silly contract that in 2 weeks they would tear up my complaint (da da da daaa!) cue dramatic music... i of course will respond with recorded letter stating once again i want complaint left open and am willing to sign another contract as long as its has no ppi, no life insurance, and no mortgage indemnity fee!

Think the FOS are gonna have fun with this one. I cant wait to hear their excuse for ignoring these other items off the loan. "different depts" springs to mind as one possible or maybe "sorry, we are very stupid!" is another...

Anyway, did have small feeling of "should i have signed" but that was quickly dispelled and i will now soldier on.

Does anyone out there agree with my next move or suggest something else? I note with bemusement that no 2 cases are the same which smacks of total incompetence on welscums part.(i have at least 4 "final responses")

Soldiering on sounds like a good idea to me I had the same letter from fos far too busy with everyone else on this board :lol:

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, got lette rfrom FOS. Had forgotten to put the final response letter in with the form! Never mind... good thing is, at least theyve read it! So delays may not be too long i hope. Sent it back Friday so alls well. Been looking around the threads for the Welscum and it dont look too good for them does it. I was tempted to ring them last week and when someone answered just laugh out loud for three minutes then replace the handset! Very childish i agree... but very rewarding overall. I will cry tears of joy the day this lot go under. Saying that however, i was amased to see yet another ****** company. ( quick quid or summit) advertising on the telly this week....over 2 thousand percent apr!!!!!!!! Jeeeeees! Cmon people dont do it, go without, go to prison or anything just dont sign!!! Hope this **** arent reincarnation of the ****... :mad:

beyondhope...have you heard anything yet?

Some people say the FOS are useless so if that is the case then whats my next logical step?

The next stage if no luck and your still not satisfied would be to instigate court action but for this you really need to do your homework and familiar yourself with the process and know exactly what you want and believe you can and will win. never threaten this unless you intend to take it all the way.

Hi martski still being totally ignored :rolleyes:

I agree with ozzys pointers on next course of action :)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Just as an update, just got letter from FOS stating they have my complaint and will contact Welscum and come back to me. Usual stuff about 2 month wait minimum etc...

just glad the ball is rolling now...

sit and wait...

hope they dont keep u waiting too long :)