'0%' car finance

mightyannoyed24
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please can someone advise me.

My grandparents have just brought a new car, the salesman said that they would reiceve 0% finance for two years. My grandparents agreed to this and gave half of the car's cost upfront, so the other half they believed was on 0%.

However, they have been sent a letter today saying they have a HP agreement for 16.7% and have to pay a purchase fee as well.

We have rung the garage the salesman just said sorry its a mistake and that the only thing they can do is pay the other half of the balance or pay it monthly on the 16.7%.

When i looked at the agreement they signed the interest box just said TBA.

Where do they stand legally, can they demand that they get it at 0% as that is what the salesman said they were getting?

I would imagine a agreement that has TBA on the agreement is an invalid and unenforcable agreement.

Someone will come along shortly to confirm or disagree with this - I will find someone to help you.

Is there any way you can scan and post a copy of the agreement minus personal details but leaving in the figures.

Did this come from a car dealer??

Thanks very much for replying to my call for help!

I cant scan the agreement on here as i cant get the agreement off my grandparents as they dont live near me.

They got the car and finance agreement from a car dealer where they live that sells Skoda cars. They brought a Skoda. The finance deal is with Skoda finance and not the car dealer they went to though.

I was with them when they asked if the finance would be 0% and the car dealer said yes.

Thats a good sign that because it says TBA it should be an unenforceable agreement.

Can they say that they will give the car back and get the money they have already paid back or only pay 0%?

Thanks very much for replying to my call for help!

I cant scan the agreement on here as i cant get the agreement off my grandparents as they dont live near me.

They got the car and finance agreement from a car dealer where they live that sells Skoda cars. They brought a Skoda. The finance deal is with Skoda finance and not the car dealer they went to though.

I was with them when they asked if the finance would be 0% and the car dealer said yes.

Thats a good sign that because it says TBA it should be an unenforceable agreement.

Can they say that they will give the car back and get the money they have already paid back or only pay 0%?

You need to contact the dealer principal & Skoda Finance to explain what's happened. Demand that either they return the deposit plus compensation in the form of lost interest........ or honour the original agreement........ whatever they do it must be in writing with copies sent to Skoda Finance to ensure their knowledge & agreement

I thought that, that they could say they dont want the car then , return the money they have already paid, however, they already have the car, so i am thinking the dealer wont take the car back? Plus the dealer already has brought my grandparents old car off of them so they would be car-less.

If they can't get their P/X car back they could use their position to force a better deal such as a big reduction but whatever they do they must, if they choose to keep the car, sort out the finance as per the original agreement. Do not be brow beaten into accepting their 'new' interest charges