Double charging for engineer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can somebody please help....my parents have a cda cooker and last week called the helpline to book an engineer vist as the knobs on the cooker had become loose and the writing on the panel had rubbed off. This was advised to teh agent at the other end. When the engineer came he dealt with the loose knobs however said to my mum he will need to order teh other part and he will come back. We didnt hear anything and so called back the agent on teh other end said she would order the part and they can fix it themselves, however the part that was ordered was wrong so i called asking to speak to a manager the manager has now ordered the right part however has charged my parents for teh part as well as another £80.00 engineer visit. My dad didnt argue as he is a pensioner and the lady on the other end was quite rude and abrupt.

Please can anyone advise are they allowed to charge again for another engineet visit.

I would argue that no a second charge should not of been made. It is not your parents fault that the engineer did not have the parts with him. I would write a letter insisting a refund for the second visit.

Was the cooker not under guarantee? How old was it?

Yes - they can charge for each visit.

However, you need to explain that this was to allow the fitting of the part that SHOULD have been fitted the first time, and you probably will have it waived.

The parts are under guarantee however teh part my mother needed replacing is not covered under the pats guarantee she had to pay for teh part. They told her because she cleaned teh cooker teh numbers rubbed off....she was advised over the phone she shouldnt have cleaned the cooker....i think this is totally absurd. They are refusing to budge with the engineer visit.

The troube is the legent and printing on items IS just screen printed, and if it is continueslt wiped with abriasives, it WILL be removed by such action. The lck of the printing does not affect the longevity or the operation of the unit, it is purely cosmetic - so I doubt a complaint over the vanishing figures wold be treated seriously.

However, assuming that she explained this when she called, if the part was not with the engineer when he called, and he had to arrange an additional call-out, then there is no reason for het to pay again for the visit.

Make sure you tell them that your parents are pensioners. They agree to pay for the parts. Make it clear how unfair you think it is charging for a second visit when it is not your parents fault the engineer did not have the parts with him even though the operator who booked the initial visit was made aware of what the problem was.