• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Brighthouse Repo Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

A bit of help needed if that's ok people.

Myself and my partner purchased a 42" Baird LCD Refurbished TV from BH back in June. We did all that was required and settled back to wait for our new TV to arrive. 3 weeks later we still had no TV, twice we took time off work to stay in and nothing arrived, nor did any phone calls advising what was going on. My partner rang the store who advised a call back would be required which never came. 5 weeks after first visiting the store the TV was finally delivered and, I'm glad to say, has worked perfectly ever since.

That's not the important part. In mid August we moved to a new house and advise BH that we were moving and due to this would require a payment freeze for 2 weeks only as what cash we had was urgently needed to decorate the house and more importantly to feed ourselves. The assistant said she'd need to speak to her manager and get back to us. To this day nobody has gotten back in touch.

Now, some bloke has just this minute turned up at the door claiming we owe 51 days back pay which needed paying there and then otherwise he'll take the TV away. My partner refused to let him in the house as a) he had no identity to say who he was and b) he could have been anyone...just because he had a clipboard doesn't count.

My partner explained the situation, basically stating the ball was left in BH's court and since nobody has been in touch over the request for a payment freeze or overdue payments she'll contact the store to sort this out. The gentleman said that was no longer an option and then asked were we refusing to let him into the property which we replied yes. He never really explained what was going to happen next apart from those magic words that seem burned into the mind of BH's employees 'someone will be in touch'.

Basically, I'm just asking to know where we stand on this. I can see it from the store's point of view that we are behind with payments but we did everything by the book regards the move. We informed BH of the new address and the new house telephone number. Strangely, it seems none of the people who we used as references have been contacted by BH either so we're really puzzled as to what to do. We know we should have gotten in touch with the store but with moving and myself being made redundant it's just one of the things that's been forgotten. We never set out to pay a few times and disappear because we did everything we were supposed to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

yougy105 In asking for two weeks grace and they in essence refused you they themselves have created this problem . phone them up say you are prepared to pay this account but under no circumstances will you hand the goods back If they have any common sense they will sort this out as they will be the losers AND THEY KNOW IT. They will probably offer you a rewrite ,they in essence put your weeks in arrears to the back of your account It doesn't cost you anything only the fact that you will finish paying for the account 5/6 weeks later than first intended Really the ball is in your court so stand fast . padre

Exactly the same situation i had,house move and all.

You will find BH will not play ball even when you try to be up front with them and they will make the situation worse.

Stand firm and never ever let them in no matter how official they seem as they have no right what so ever.

They will belt up eventually.