Complaint about Halifax new charges regime, template letters here.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they will just use the excuse that i was overdrawn

Please dont make excuses for them.....just send a letter to the Financial Services Ombudsman..or just phone...and tell them that you suspect they shut your account down due to claiming charges. The FOS will look dimly on this crass action and take it up with the bank.

Dont let these arseholes scare you..thats what they want. Remember its YOU that is in charge, NOT THEM.

Can you provide a link to the petition as I can't find it on the govt website. Thanks.

Hi all,

Just joined this forum, so forgive me if I've repeated anything.

Glad to see there are more of us who believe HBOS actions are WRONG!!!

BTW E-Petitions link:

Petition to: reject the Halifax Current Account new overdraft fees. | Number10.gov.uk

BigDm

Could someone please have a look at this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/232740-student-debt-dont-know.html#post2579424 and offer some help - I know next to nothing about reclaiming charges and Halifax seem to have got this 18 year old school pupil into a right mess.

Thanks.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I had a idea to max out my overdraft to the £2500 and put the extra money into a cash ISA. The week before last I had the option to change my overdraft online to £2500, but checked today and the barstools have dropped it to my current overdraft limit.

As I am paying the same as someone with a £2500 overdraft, I want the option to have that overdraft.

I had a idea to max out my overdraft to the £2500 and put the extra money into a cash ISA. The week before last I had the option to change my overdraft online to £2500, but checked today and the barstools have dropped it to my current overdraft limit.

As I am paying the same as someone with a £2500 overdraft, I want the option to have that overdraft.

Good luck if you like paying through the nose for even more debt.:confused:

I, for one, do not intend to be enslaven by these greedy animals for one second more than I have to.

• 2 weeks later...

had a reponse from Halifax saying basically tough sh*t. the FSA has said the same thing. Havent heard from the OFT yet nor my MP. Will keep you guys posted. but whatever the outcome I will be transferring all my business (2xCurrent Accounts,3xSavings Accounts) to a different bank, The Bank of Stacy Woodhouse, I mean how hard can it be to setup your own bank :)

petty much 25 years with them...no more.

hiya all

just to let you all know im starting my own thread up on my journey with this, as ive done the appropiate complaints and also now heard from a local councillor who is interested in meeting up with me and with a view for a newspaper ariticle but will add this thread link at the start of my thread

good luck everyone keep it up

my link is at

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/236216-halifax-charges-6-12-a.html

laters all angel x

Edited by angel_1

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Can someone advice the following. If I have an existing overdraft with my current account and I want to upgrade to the reward account will I still retain this overdraft. And will they carry out additional checks if I apply to upgrade and what will these be?

Can someone advice the following. If I have an existing overdraft with my current account and I want to upgrade to the reward account will I still retain this overdraft. And will they carry out additional checks if I apply to upgrade and what will these be?

Hiya-I am currently in receipt of JSA, and Iam maxxed out on my OD from when I was working. The only breathing space HBOS would give me was to upgrade to Ultimate Reward-costing me £12.50 pm (as opposed to £1 pd).I will retain the OD-but fee free(providing I stay within limit) The upgrade is done with the click of a mouse, with no checks or changes to your account number, PIN etc.

Not happy that Iam still gonna get stung once a month-gonna do my best to clear the OD, then ditch them.

Just opened a real basic account with the Coop in preparation

Hiya-I am currently in receipt of JSA, and Iam maxxed out on my OD from when I was working. The only breathing space HBOS would give me was to upgrade to Ultimate Reward-costing me £12.50 pm (as opposed to £1 pd).I will retain the OD-but fee free(providing I stay within limit) The upgrade is done with the click of a mouse, with no checks or changes to your account number, PIN etc.

Not happy that Iam still gonna get stung once a month-gonna do my best to clear the OD, then ditch them.

Just opened a real basic account with the Coop in preparation

Is that because your OD is under £300. I understand that this ultimate reward comes with a free OD of up to £300. Problem is mine is more than this, so can't see how switching to this would be cost effective. I looked at upgrading to the ultimate account that does not charge and it appears that it's not straight forward for some reason and extra checks are required and you may not keep your existing overdraft?

Is that because your OD is under £300. I understand that this ultimate reward comes with a free OD of up to £300. Problem is mine is more than this, so can't see how switching to this would be cost effective. I looked at upgrading to the ultimate account that does not charge and it appears that it's not straight forward for some reason and extra checks are required and you may not keep your existing overdraft?

Iam sorry this was of no help to you! They really have got people over a barrel-and before Christmas when customers will rely on they're OD!!

Iam not happy Ive had to do this-tried asking if they would freeze the OD so I could make regular repayments from my JSA-NO JOY!! Those fees could be contributions towards settleing the debt. Anyone have any advise on the hardship/JSA/low income front??

Iam sorry this was of no help to you! They really have got people over a barrel-and before Christmas when customers will rely on they're OD!!

Iam not happy Ive had to do this-tried asking if they would freeze the OD so I could make regular repayments from my JSA-NO JOY!! Those fees could be contributions towards settleing the debt. Anyone have any advise on the hardship/JSA/low income front??

I have just opened a natwest account and they will switch my OD, DD's and SO's over to them so basically they have matched my OD with halifax so I can then close the account with Halifax.

I have just opened a natwest account and they will switch my OD, DD's and SO's over to them so basically they have matched my OD with halifax so I can then close the account with Halifax.

Yeh! I just opened an account with COOP this morning. no OD cuz of my credit rating! hey ho!!

my rating aint that great either, but they said they will match it. good luck 1 and all.

Are you saying that you have defaults and Natwest have still agreed to switch accounts and retain overdraft?