Complaint about Halifax new charges regime, template letters here.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankyou Bookworm; that's a great letter. Now, I want to send it - i NEED to send it! BUT. What do you think the likely response will be? What if they write back and say "Ok, off you pop, we're withdrawing your overdraft facility with immediate effect?". I don't have the money to repay it.

Halifax Current Account

SAR sent 23 October, special delivery.

Cancel them all, then call your creditors and explain there was a mishap and your DDs got cancelled and can they send you a new form so you can give them the new details, please? :razz::-D

Better still, change the DD to SO so you can then get the dates to match when your wages come in. For some of them, the date might be a problem if it means missing a payment (credit cards for example), but loans and utility companies are usually fairly flexible if you communicate with them about it.

I know how to move them, it's just that if I switch them to before next payday, there wont be any money there to pay them when they're due! This is how I work - I'm up to my limit, I get paid, DDs, SOs, manual transfers/DC bills get paid, then I have a bit to last a week or so, and I'm up to my limit til next payday. Will need to sit down with a calendar and a pen and paper and think hard.

OH gets paid weekly, so we're not broke all month after the bills have been paid, btw!

Halifax Current Account

SAR sent 23 October, special delivery.

Apart from writing letters of complaint, those of us who do not have an overdraft (but ocassionally use the facility) could move our accounts to banks who still charge interest rather than a fixed daily fee.

Anyone know of such accountgs still available?

I am not a lawyer, so all my advice is provided on the basis that you will check them with a trained legal professional with legal insurance.:(

I have written to the Halifax using the template letters, as well as copying this to my local MP, the FSA and OFT.

Got a response from my MP saying that she had written to them for further details. I then received call from the Halifax, who, believe it or not seemed quite shocked at my letter, saying that I was the only one of over 20,000 customers who had written to them!

Anybody else written to them? :confused:

I spoke to a lady at their call center who claimed for the most part customers are "thrillled" and "welcomed" the changes...

Wish I had it on tape.

If I was being a horrible person (which I'm not) I might possibly comment that she's working in a call centre for a reason.

No independant thinking allowed, reciting from FAQ's or 'gospel' statements from management.

S.

I have written to the Halifax using the template letters, as well as copying this to my local MP, the FSA and OFT.

Got a response from my MP saying that she had written to them for further details. I then received call from the Halifax, who, believe it or not seemed quite shocked at my letter, saying that I was the only one of over 20,000 customers who had written to them!

Anybody else written to them? :confused:

hiya well once the postal strike as ive heard today is now on hold until after xmas, they will need to employ more staff to deal with all our letters;)

so come on guys lets make it a good one

have a fun eve, laters angelx :)

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Anybody else written to them? :confused:[Hiya, Rusty here !!! i also sent letters as you did, i got exactly the same response from Halifax, they said i was the only one to complain !!!!!]

Edited by rustyray

hiya all

what springs to my mind is that is it the essence of just letting each complaining customer know that they must be the Special One that they are the only that is complaining, in the hope they wont take it further and stay and pay the upcoming fees

This has made me so cross that i think when i do my letter i will be sending a copy as a copy also sent to my local paper as well as Local MP, FSA and OFT,,, anyone else i should copy in?

no doubt i will get a reply as they need 4 weeks to reply back to me as per the FSA complaint handing proceedures,,, which by then the charges will start,

anyway have a fun weekend everyone, united we stand is the way to go

laters angel x:cool:

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

i would love to send the letter but i am to scared, they have already shut one of my accounts down because i am claiming bank charges, i cant afford for them to shut the other account down as i use it frequently i.e all my wages and benefits.