BHOP

Alliance & Leicester Closed My Account Without Any Notice!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3555 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have had an A&L Account which has an overdraft limit of £1500. It has been overdrawn once or twice in two years and my partner and I but in regular payments between £800-£1300 so it always meets the required minimum deposit amount every month. I have a few direct debits which are assigned to this account including my monthly mortgage payments. I have had recent financial difficulty with credit card payments which included an A&L Credit card. I seeked advice from the CCS and sent out letters to my creditors explaining the situation, but I hadn't signed up to any Debt Management Plan as yet. I have been in contact with my creditors trying to sort things out. A&L decided to take it upon themselves to close my current account immediately without any notice! Even thou my account has been up to date! Still Taking any incoming pending payments but cancelling direct debits and standing orders including my mortgage!!Freezing my account and cancelling my card, cheques and access to my money that was paid in??!

They claim that I'm on a Debt Management plan which I'm not. I expianed the situation and they said CCS need to fax them to confirm this?? Obviously the CCS wont do so.

I cant believe they can close someone's account without any notice, taking their pending money in the process and cancelling direct debits.

They have money and that money was to pay my bills which I obviously cant do now.

I sent a complaint letter to A&L but haven't heard anything yet?:mad:

Can I claim or get money back????

Not sure what to do......:(:idea:

Guest Old_andrew2018

If you dont mind I'll BUMP your thread as I dont have expertise in in these matters

Thanks Andrew would be much appreciated.

This bank have been extremely rude and totally unreasonable. I would never open an account with them again.

Guest Old_andrew2018

Without money to pay bills you are going to have increasing difficulties with your creditors, so if have not received replies soon you might consider sending a PM (Personal Message) to some of the experts on the forum remember to include a link to you thread.

Alternatively as you need urgent advice try contacting the site team asking them to direct your thread to people with expertise.

To do this you simply click on the red triangle report.gif found under the name of every poster, this Will open a dialogue box where you can leave your message.

Andy

Cheers Topman Andrew.

I will give that a try.

There is no point in speaking to A&L they are clueless and completely unreasonable.