• Tweets

• I see the poops are still trying to deflect from their own criminality and and abuses by whinging on about raynors buying her council house - now about election registration - anyone who owns a flat or house understands that you dont give up your and your childrens home just because of a new relationship and while we are on about that ..   lets start with When is jenrick being revisited for both lockdown abuses and self admitted (claims estate is his main home - not the property in his electorate or his london property) 'possible (lol) electoral registration abuses as he claimed he was at his estate 'main home' away from both London and his electoral 'home'  - much of which paid for by the taxpayer     Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick 'breaks lockdown rules twice' by going to 'second home' - Mirror Online WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK Key Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick drove 150 miles to his 'second home' after urging the nation to remain in their homes in a bid to...   ... perhaps follow with more self admitted lobbying while in a potion where they shouldn't “A few of us in parliament have lobbied the government – and with the help of the Treasury select committee, the chancellor has listened,” John Baron wrote.   Tory MP faces lobbying questions over Treasury committee role | Investing | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Co-owner of investment management firm called for ‘urgent’ post-Brexit changes to City rules at committee meetings     About time labour got in the game and started pressing for these self admitted/bragged Tory abuses were properly investigates.
    • No I didn't I got the dates mixed up.   
    • Sorry about that, TJ. The person who posted it specifically said it was free access. Here's another version of the FT article. https://archive.is/KYrPa
    • Isnt there some indication in there of at least intent to inform arbuthnot? IF he wasn't then it would seem to be Vennells decision to keep him 'uninformed .. Although seems to me if arbuthnot was unaware - he was either incompetent or should have very detailed records of denials. Seems vennells is constantly at the core of all the lying about all these issues though.
    • Paywalled/subscribe HB I'm unaware of the details on this HB but why is it a potential taxpayer burden? Hasn't a judge already ruled port has rights of access - so shouldn't costs be on the private company (South Tees Development Corporation) trying to change established access?     LIVE: High Court updates as CEO gives evidence in access rights row between STDC and PD Ports - Teesside Live WWW.GAZETTELIVE.CO.UK The face-off between the Teesport operator and Mayor Ben Houchen's South Tees Development Corporation continues in the High Court  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Is this Theft or Fraud? Drakes; ****WON****

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To keep you updated I have just seen on the MCOL that Drakes have filed a defence and so my claim cannot continue on line. The Court will write to me

telling me which Court I will have to attend, and I will expect to get Drakes defence

in a few days time. Should be interesting.

Guest ian cognito

Yes, I think there's a few people waiting here to see what happens next, don't forget to keep us informed!

I think (please do correct me if i am wrong) they are now on extremely dodgy ground, if they are judged to have taken this money from you via the court case, they could feasably stand to loose their license?

That being the case they will nto be allowed to continue trading.

Implications of which would be of course very expensive for them....

I love the smell of banks coughing up refunds early in the morning

Kent police took 6 weeks to turn up when someone threatened my life this year, so its no suprise that when it comes to white collar crime, they dont give a toss. by the way once i reported said police to IPCC, they jumped through hoops and an investigation took place very quickly.:cool:

hsbc

Claim served on 13-08-2006

full refund .19-08-2006,

23-08-06 cheque arrived £580-deal.:D

capital one .

Filed claim against 16-08-2006 for £340.

Capital one 02-09-06 offer £383 refund to account.deal:D

Abbey Data Protection Act 4-07-06

issued court claim for £189 16-10-06

waitng for allocation nov21-11-06:cool:

Pleae make a donation to site, when you win-- I DID

I received their defence today, along with a notice from the Court that the case is

being transferred to Willesden.

Bound to say that their defence is pretty weak and they keep insisting that I

provide the evidence that they acted unlawfully. They can't show that they did act

lawfully. Interestingly, they do admit that I rang them on the Saturday to

complain that I had not authorised payment.

Incidentally, does anyone know if these bailiffs are classified as salaried staff, or

self employed and paid on results-ie getting a proportion of the fees that the company receives.

bailiffs get salaried with OTE so the more money they can bring in the more they get paid. did you see dispatches on bailiffs the other day it was shocking!

they have no right to enter your home ( unless its by an open window :confused: which apparently is legal)

the police int he film didnt know the rights the bailiffs had and stood by as they broke the law as the police were unaware and one bailiff even blagged a LAWYER about the "new laws" and talked a woman into paying debts for someone else in her distant family who had once used that address. they cant take things in your house unless they belong to the person who owes the money and if the person who owes the money isnt there and has no valuables there they cant take a thing.:) shocking what they do to get the cash tho

me against the abbey Paid in full (donation made)

me against the woolwich Paid in full(donation made)

me against HSBC Paid in full(donation made)

beware the scrapbooker, for she has a long memory and sharp knives :lol:

Here is the defence- I welcome your comments.

DEFENCE

1. The defendant a limited company, has been authorised as an Approved

Enforcement Agency in accordance with the procedures set out in the

Approval of Enforcement Agencies 2000 [ as amended] and as such is

authorised to enforce Distress Watrrants issued under S76 0f the Magistrates Court

ct 1982 and the Magistrates Court Rules 1981.

2. It is understood by the defendant that following default in payment of a sum adjudged to be paid on conviction for an offence, a distress warrant was issued against ..................., the claimant in these proceedings.

3. The distress warrant was issued to the defendant by her majestys Court Service Enfield Magistrates on .............

4.The address provided was.............

5.The warrant authorises immediate seizure and sale of the named defendants goods, unless the fine and costs are settled.

6.Proior to taking action to endorse the above warrants [sic]the defendant wrote to the clailmant in respect of the warrant, asking bor payment of the sum due..

7. There was no response to the aforesaid letter and neither was it returned.

8. It is admitted that on the 7th Aug, an enforcemenyt officer engaged by the defendantattended the address to seixze goods or collect paynment as authorised by the warrant.

9. the officer Mr...................... having made no contact with the claimant left a notice at the address.

10 THe claimant contacted Mr................ on the 8th August 2006, provided his debit card details and authorised an immediate paymenyt of £50 on account, with the balance authorised for the following day, once fiunds had been transferred.

11. It is admitthed that the claimants authorisation at paragraph 10 the following payments were processed.

a. a payment of £51 on the 8th August 2006

b. a payment of £273.50 0n the 10th Aufgust. 2006

12. It is admitted thaty on the 14th august the claimant contacted the defendant and stated that he had not authorised the further payment.

13. it is denied that the transaction processed on the 10th August was unauthorised. THe claimant is put to proof.

14. It is denied that the claimant is entitled to the sums claimed in respect of bank charges or loss of wages. The claimant is put to strict proof.

15. It is denied that defendant has breached the Data protection Act as claimed. The defendant is put to strict proof.

16. Th e defendants at all times were acting in accoradance with the authority provided by those warrants [sic].

17. The defendants paid over to the relevant Magistrates Courts. the relevant sum in settlement of the outstanding balanceof the fine imposed on the claimant.

18. The defendants submit that their actions were authorised by the relevant warrant and were in all respects lawful.

19. The defendant denies that they breached any duty of care owed to the claimant, if any such duty indeed exists.

20. In the circumstances it is denied that the claimant has suffered loss as alleged.

21 The defendant submits that the claimants claim form fails to disclose a cause of action claimable in the County Court.

22. Accordingly the defendant invites th e court to use its powers under the Civil Procedure rules, rule 3, 4 , to strike out this claim.

23, save as expressly admitted, the defendantdenies each and every allegation set out in the Particulars of Claim and reserve the right to respond furhter to the allegations once they have been properly and fully particularised.

Signed by director of ther company

Notice they haven't bothered to call in their lawyers.

Any observations would be welcome.

Even if you did give permission to take the money, surley they would have to contact you again to get the card details, I thought that once a payment was made they was'nt allowed to keep your card details.

The defence given that it has come so quickly strikes me as being an indicator that this isnt the first time they have been challenged and is a run of the mill exercise for them.

I wouLd guees that your case isnt unique and these lovely professional people do this type of thing all the time.

If they had your permission as they state why wait to make the transactio? surely they will be able to prove that they spoke to you when you gave them permission to take the payment second time around?

I would be tempted to speak to the bank too, i'm sure you prevent furhter payments being claimed by these lovely people.

I love the smell of banks coughing up refunds early in the morning

Drakes are claiming that I gave them permission to take both amounts, though

spread over a couple of days, at the same time. This gets round the claim that

they infringed Data Protection, and also having to show another phone call from me

when I would have had to authorise the second payment.

Laughable that I was going to "transfer money into my account". I wish they

could tell me where I had this money-I might even have gone halves with them.lol.

Yes Joe, I was surprised that they replied so quickly too. Not sure that I agree

with your reasoning. Certainly they didn't need much time as the only evidence

they could produce was that their bailiff said he didn't do it. And this is the same

bailiff who gets paid on results.

Incidentally, does anyone know if bailiffs are classed as being self employed?

Guest The Terminator
Here is the defence- I welcome your comments.

DEFENCE

1. The defendant a limited company, has been authorised as an Approved

Enforcement Agency in accordance with the procedures set out in the

Approval of Enforcement Agencies 2000 [ as amended] and as such is

authorised to enforce Distress Watrrants issued under S76 0f the Magistrates Court

ct 1982 and the Magistrates Court Rules 1981.

No explaination of the procedures and what Section of the Mag Court Rules 1981

2. It is understood by the defendant that following default in payment of a sum adjudged to be paid on conviction for an offence, a distress warrant was issued against ..................., the claimant in these proceedings.

Conviction for what and offence doesn't say what the offence is.

3. The distress warrant was issued to the defendant by her majestys Court Service Enfield Magistrates on .............

4.The address provided was.............

5.The warrant authorises immediate seizure and sale of the named defendants goods, unless the fine and costs are settled.

6.Proior to taking action to endorse the above warrants [sic]the defendant wrote to the clailmant in respect of the warrant, asking bor payment of the sum due..

If it was for immediate seziure why ask for payment something not right there

7. There was no response to the aforesaid letter and neither was it returned.

8. It is admitted that on the 7th Aug, an enforcemenyt officer engaged by the defendantattended the address to seixze goods or collect paynment as authorised by the warrant.

9. the officer Mr...................... having made no contact with the claimant left a notice at the address.

Up to them to produce copy of the notice

10 THe claimant contacted Mr................ on the 8th August 2006, provided his debit card details and authorised an immediate paymenyt of £50 on account, with the balance authorised for the following day, once fiunds had been transferred.

11. It is admitthed that the claimants authorisation at paragraph 10 the following payments were processed.

a. a payment of £51 on the 8th August 2006

b. a payment of £273.50 0n the 10th Aufgust. 2006

12. It is admitted thaty on the 14th august the claimant contacted the defendant and stated that he had not authorised the further payment.

13. it is denied that the transaction processed on the 10th August was unauthorised. THe claimant is put to proof.

Up to the defendent to prove that is was authorized

14. It is denied that the claimant is entitled to the sums claimed in respect of bank charges or loss of wages. The claimant is put to strict proof.

That shouldn't be too hard

15. It is denied that defendant has breached the Data protection Act as claimed. The defendant is put to strict proof.

By using a debit card without authorization is a breach of the DPA

16. Th e defendants at all times were acting in accoradance with the authority provided by those warrants [sic].

17. The defendants paid over to the relevant Magistrates Courts. the relevant sum in settlement of the outstanding balanceof the fine imposed on the claimant.

18. The defendants submit that their actions were authorised by the relevant warrant and were in all respects lawful.

Theft is not lawful

19. The defendant denies that they breached any duty of care owed to the claimant, if any such duty indeed exists.

It was a waste of time putting that in.

20. In the circumstances it is denied that the claimant has suffered loss as alleged.

They just decided to empty your bank account

21 The defendant submits that the claimants claim form fails to disclose a cause of action claimable in the County Court.

Proof

22. Accordingly the defendant invites th e court to use its powers under the Civil Procedure rules, rule 3, 4 , to strike out this claim.

3.4 Alternatively the judge may make an order under rule 18.1 requiring the defendant within a stated time to clarify his defence or to give additional information about it. The order may provide that the defence will be struck out if the defendant does not comply

23, save as expressly admitted, the defendantdenies each and every allegation set out in the Particulars of Claim and reserve the right to respond furhter to the allegations once they have been properly and fully particularised.

That doesn't make sense

Signed by director of ther company

Notice they haven't bothered to call in their lawyers.

Any observations would be welcome.

Best I can do for you there mate!!

Thanks for that Terminator.

[12] What do you make of them admitting that I called to state that I had not authorised payment?

[16] Defendants did NOT act in accordance.....

First, when he arrived at my door, he put the notice hanging out side my letterbox

in contravention of the Data Protection Act which is designed to protect sensitive personal information which includes notices of offences etc.

In addition, £100 was added to the notice, which was an unlawful levy.

Whilst Rosenfeld reduced it on my query, it means that the notice was delivered by

an illegal action [viz An enforcement action will be illegal if it was wrongful from the outset. This will occur if the enforcement agent did not have the right to distrain, or if he or she committed a wrongful act at the beginning of the levy which invalidated the subsequent proceedings. ] taken from this government url

Department for Constitutional Affairs Website

Of course, they could argue that he reduced the claim by £100 to get immediate

payment. But hey, this is a guy who ranks alongside a dog turd in the hierarchy of

life. And he would reduce a legal claim under any circumstance? Yeah right.

On the Allocation questionaire, under Other information, I can ask for any other

info that I consider should be supplied by the other party. Apart from asking to supply me with ALL their telephone call records from me [they didn't mention the one on Monday, or the Friday] including transcripts of conversations, is there any

thing alse I should have?

PS I only have one other account with under £20 in it and the transfer would take more than 2 days.

And I made no mention of any transfer, though I did arrange to speak with him on the following Tuesday, to see how my finances were then to see if or when I could pay any more. I would not

have done that if I had alreadt agreed to pay the whole amount.

PPS I have arranged an appointment with my bank on Monday as they said they should be able to

supply me with transcripts of my conversation with them when I first discovered what Drakes had

done. Not sure if the Court will allow the voice tape, but they should allow the written one?

Guest The Terminator

Phone records definitly. I think the judge will strike the defence out because of them putting CPR 3.4 in their defence which if you read it is in your favour. Also I would mention the DPA these parasites must be absolutly thick or totally stupid.I deal in housing litagation and i've seen tenants put in better defences than that.Hit em where it hurts we all with yer.

It might be worth finding out who Drake's merchant service provider is. (The merchant services provider is the bank who actually processes the debit card transaction and pays it into their account - it need not be their normal bankers) Your bank should be able to provide this information from the transaction records I would have thought.

The reason for this is that merchant service providers have very strict rules on card acceptance. This includes that authorisation MUST be obtained for EACH transaction on a customers card. There are special provisions for what are known as 'recurring transactions' - for example a magazine subscription or charity donation that you make payments to regularly but only authorise once. Most definately Drakes are in breach of their merchant providers terms of service.

This is perhaps a minor thing against the major charge of theft, but as they say every little helps! - and if you can get this additional info to the judge before the hearing, it proves beyond any doubt that Drakes did NOT have your authority to take the money.

Hold on does the defence statement contain a declaration of truth?

This could be important

You may think that but . . ......

Total repaid to date £1947.58

Lloyds Currrent a/c £745.27

Moneyclaim filed 17th June

Defence and AQ 25th July. Case struck out 11 Aug

reinstated and hearing 15th Jan 2007

Lloyds loan a/c D A request expired 19th June

Proceedings under S7 Data Protection Act issued 29th June defence and counterclaim 27 July

Hearing Jan 3 2007

Listed final hearing April 2007-

Judge declared an interest and disqualified himself

new date to be set

Guest The Terminator
Hold on does the defence statement contain a declaration of truth?

This could be important

Your absolutly correct there.All statements must have a declaration of truth and be signed and dated.

On the website that I found illegal action, I have just found another-viz

Irregular action: An enforcement action will be irregular if the levy was carried out correctly but the distrainor subsequently does something unlawful.

Not sure what the outcome is with either situation, but worth a go.

I made a first payment of £50 to Drakes bailiffs by debit card. now without my

permission, they have put through another payment for the rest of the outstanding debt. It has not yet gone through yet but it is in the pipeline.

If I can't get my bank to stop the payment before it goes through, can I report them to the police for theft-oris it fraud?

I work for a collections company and i can confirm it is illegal to process payments without authorisation and it is against the csa code of conduct and the fsa

The director signed the statement of truth. That is why I asked if bailiffs are self

employed as it is my understanding that if an agent [as opposed to an employee]

is involved, then it is the bailiff who has to sign the statement of truth. Thus

leaving him open to a charge of contempt of Court.