• Tweets

• Thank-you dx for your feedback. That is the reason I posted my opinion, because I am trying to learn more and this is one of the ways to learn, by posting my opinions and if I am incorrect then being advised of the reasons I am incorrect. I am not sure if you have educated me on the points in my post that would be incorrect. However, you are correct on one point, I shall refrain from posting on any other thread other than my own going forward and if you think my post here is unhelpful, misleading or in any other way inappropriate, then please do feel obliged to delete it but educate me on the reason why. To help my learning process, it would be helpful to know what I got wrong other than it goes against established advice considering the outcome of a recent court case on this topic that seemed to suggest it was dismissed due to an appeal not being made at the first stage. Thank-you.   EDIT:  Just to be clear, I am not intending to go against established advice by suggesting that appeals should ALWAYS be made, just my thoughts on the particular case of paying for parking and entering an incorrect VRN. Should this ever happen to me, I will make an appeal at the first stage to avoid any problems that may occur at a later stage. Although, any individual in a similar position should decide for themselves what they think is an appropriate course of action. Also, I continue to be grateful for any advice you give on my own particular case.  
    • you can have your humble opinion.... You are very new to all this private parking speculative invoice game you have very quickly taken it upon yourself to be all over this forum, now to the extent of moving away from your initial thread with your own issue that you knew little about handling to littering the forum and posting on numerous established and existing threads, where advice has already been given or a conclusion has already resulted, with your theories conclusions and observations which of course are very welcomed. BUT... in some instances, like this one...you dont quite match the advice that the forum and it's members have gathered over a very long consensual period given in a tried and trusted consistent mannered thoughtful approach. one could even call it forum hi-jacking and that is becoming somewhat worrying . dx
    • Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant .... I said DCBL because I was reading a few threads about them discontinuing claims and getting spanked in court! Meant  YOU  Highview !!!  🖕 The more I read this forum and the more I engage with it's incredible users, the more I learn and the more my knowledge expands. If my case gets to court, the Judge will dismiss it after I utter my first sentence, and you DCBL and Highview don't even know why .... OMG! .... So excited to get to court!
    • Yep, I read that and thought about trying to find out what the consideration and grace period is at Riverside but not sure I can. I know they say "You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is"  but I doubt they would disclose it to the public, maybe I should have asked in my CPR 31.14 letter? Yes, I think I can get rid of 5 minutes. I am also going to include a point about BPA CoP: 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place. I think that is Deception .... They giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other! One other point to note, the more I read, the more I study, the more proficient I feel I am becoming in this area. Make no mistake DBCL if you are reading this, when I win in court, if I have the grounds to make any claims against you, such as breach of GDPR, I shall be doing so.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Is my MBNA Card Application Form Enforceable

TwoTicky
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, please could you give me your opinion on the following, after I CCA'd MBNA several months ago I recently received a copy of my application. I found a copy of it in the MBNA library with the following comments

"Enforceablility : There is an issue of legibility so very likely not

However, would be enforceable if a legible document were to be produced because - signature and prescribed terms are on the same page."

and this is the link to the same copy

Unsure MBNA :: A plus picture by citizenba - Photobucket

The prescribed terms are not legible on my copy, what do you suggest?

If it is not legible then it cannot be enforced.

The Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983,state -:

2 Legibility of notices and copy documents and wording of prescribed Forms

(1) The lettering in every notice in a Form prescribed by these Regulations and in every copy of an executed agreement, security instrument or other document referred to in the Act and delivered or sent to a debtor, hirer or surety under any provision of the Act shall, apart from any signature, be easily legible and of a colour which is readily distinguishable from the

Hi, thanks for your replies.

To Vint1954, the link that I provided is from that library, my agreement is the same is that one. I have had a look at the library again and cannot find any comments about them being "altered".

Are the examples provided in the library ligit copies? My agreement is from 2003, if that helps.

Regards.

The copies in the Library are as received from MBNA. It has long been suspected, that this type of agreement is a cut and paste, or to put it more politely, reconstructed. It looks as though a column has been cut from another document and pasted on the side.

If you go back to the 90's agreements then look at the recent agreements, they are all signed by the same person at MBNA. Obviously not bored with their job, having been in the same department for 12 years plus, without promotion;).

Bet they can't find the real one.

Hi all,

I would also be intersted to know if anyone has actually seen a original of this (not a copy) since I have just received a similar application and it would really be great to contest this!!!

Thanks

ASM

I would think the only way you'd see an original would be in a courtroom.

I have an ongoing dispute with mbna at the moment,well i did until they sold it to capquest.

It took 3-4 months for mine to arrive and all the while they offered me deals or threatened this that and the other. On the day it finally arrived it was accompanied by a default letter (defective i may add).

Now you could summise from all this that mbna are well aware that the cca they sent me isn't enforceable otherwise why bother to delay sending it and then rather than deal with me,sell the account direct to a dca.

There are many many threads with similar stories,some have made a courtroom and been overturned,some are languishing in dca hell and some are still waiting for their cca after 6 months !!

Everybody has a story to tell when it comes to this mob.

I would think the only way you'd see an original would be in a courtroom.

I have an ongoing dispute with mbna at the moment,well i did until they sold it to capquest.

It took 3-4 months for mine to arrive and all the while they offered me deals or threatened this that and the other. On the day it finally arrived it was accompanied by a default letter (defective i may add).

Now you could summise from all this that mbna are well aware that the cca they sent me isn't enforceable otherwise why bother to delay sending it and then rather than deal with me,sell the account direct to a dca.

There are many many threads with similar stories,some have made a courtroom and been overturned,some are languishing in dca hell and some are still waiting for their cca after 6 months !!

Everybody has a story to tell when it comes to this mob.

That's absolutely right blueotter, the only place will be in court, if then. I have a sneeking suspicion that they shredded most agreements. This is why yopu only see a hybrid agreement, with a scanned front page and any old prescribed terms pasted to the agreement.

I think you need to understand their objectives, when they realise that they do not have a complient agreement.

1. Harrass and intimidate you to try and make you pay.

2. Pressurize you to settle short or admit the agreement.

3. Further harrassment to get you to pay something.

4. Add charges and interest to bump up the value of the account.

5. Close the account and sell for what they can get ( remember this is an inflated sum via charges and incorrect interest addition )

6. Claim tax releif as a bad debt on the inflated sum.

7. Move on to the next poor chump.

Absolutely spot on Vinnt,the first 5 of those steps were directly applied to me.

It’s wretched what they can do to a persons life and its all brought about by extreme greed through obscene practices. As was pointed out the other day ,they suck the blood and continue taking it until there's no more to give. Then they up sticks and move onto the next victim,but not before handing the carcass onto another form of amoeba.Modern day vampires.

Has anyone you know of actually seen their original agreement?

Hi Two Ticky

I had one the same as yours and it was 2003, never had a look at my originals. Anyway the account was sold on to CL Finance, who took out a Court Claim, but never got past the AQ's stage and it was struck out.

Putting in a claim to the Courts now for wasted costs.

Gaz

Hi Two Ticky

I had one the same as yours and it was 2003, never had a look at my originals. Anyway the account was sold on to CL Finance, who took out a Court Claim, but never got past the AQ's stage and it was struck out.

Gaz

Hi Gaz, can you remind me why yours was struck out.

Vint

Has anyone you know of actually seen their original agreement?

I have a similar agreement with the T&C's down the side and I have a copy of the original and can vouch for everything being on the same page.

The potential issues I have with it are as follows:

Sidebar with T&C's are in very small font and not legible without additional magnification

No lender signature

NO default info or charges anywhere.

Heading is "Credit Agreement...." not "Credit CARD Agreememt.....".

Prsumably yours will be the same, not sure whether this would make it unenforceable, perhaps Supasnooper could give more info on this re post 2.

I'm in the same boat, They sent me a copy - which I have posted up - the terms are on the left hand side (not legible also somewhere at the bottom it says something about condition 14 - but there is no condition 14 on this page anywhere!!- its been suggested that maybe they scanned, cut & pasted the terms on and then sent this to me.

I would like to know more abt this

I'm going to send them a 12 day notice to produce a legible copy - lets see.

am following this thread - gets more & more intersting

ASM

Hi Vint

Mine was struck out as they never filed there AQ's.

The other one the case was struck out as there never produced the originals on the day of the hearing.

Gaz

Hi Gaz, what are AQ's?

The solicitor I use has just had in several MBNA agreements all at the same time. Apparently MBNA have just lost some case and this is deemed the reason why. I'm not sure of any specifics.

I am currently still paying MBNA, but I just noticed that my interest has gone up about 90%. One month the estimated interest for the following month was £x and for the following month's statement the interest charged was £x + 50% and so I went over my limit and was charged for it. I only realised after 2 months because my minimum repayments have now gone up nearly twofold.

Anyway I rang them fuming and they said this was correct, I have since cancelled my direct debit and wondering what to do next. I am thinking of hitting them with the subject access and anything else anybody else can think of. Please.

Hi Two Ticky

Gaz

Hi Gaz again

Did you request a copy of your agreement at any point?

Hi Gaz again

Did you request a copy of your agreement at any point?

Hi Two Ticky

The AQ's are Allocation Questionare.

Yes, I requested My agreement from MBNA using CCA, 31.16, SAR.

Whem CL Finance/Howard Cohen took it over i used 31.14.

Gaz

I have a similar agreement with the T&C's down the side and I have a copy of the original and can vouch for everything being on the same page.

The potential issues I have with it are as follows:

Sidebar with T&C's are in very small font and not legible without additional magnification

No lender signature

NO default info or charges anywhere.

Heading is "Credit Agreement...." not "Credit CARD Agreememt.....".

Prsumably yours will be the same, not sure whether this would make it unenforceable, perhaps Supasnooper could give more info on this re post 2.

The requirement for Credit Card header only came in around 2006.

The prescribed terms being too small to read is a no no though.

I'm in the same boat, They sent me a copy - which I have posted up - the terms are on the left hand side (not legible also somewhere at the bottom it says something about condition 14 - but there is no condition 14 on this page anywhere!!- its been suggested that maybe they scanned, cut & pasted the terms on and then sent this to me.

I would like to know more abt this

I'm going to send them a 12 day notice to produce a legible copy - lets see.

am following this thread - gets more & more intersting

ASM

No need to give them another 12 days. just demand a legible copy.

• 1 month later...

Hi, please could you give me your opinions. Recently my finances have meant that I can't afford my monthly repayments and I have missed my first repayment in years. Should I speak to MBNA or pursue the CCA that I received. The copy they sent me seems to have all the precribed terms (could be a copy and paste job) but it is so small it is illegible.

I don't know what course to take, suggestions please.

Do both? Try to work things out in the few weeks before you issue the action for a proper CCA, not an unreadable one. Then when they do nothing more, you have a more confident claim for the CCA. You also need to show that you have asked, asked and asked again before issuing the action.

I am at the summons issue stage. I guess others are also ahead of me. By the time you get to issue a summons, there will be a few more that will have been there, wearing the T shirts and with big smiles on their faces.

Its WAR

I was like many of the opinion that you pay what you owe,if it takes a lifetime then thats your fault..until I had problems and just asked for a little leeway from people Ive paid thousands in interest over the years,who penalties Ive paid however extortionate thinking it was my fault for going over etc.

They would give no leeway,nothing.

If you can figure a way to not pay using the law then dont pay.

Ive gone bankrupt and the missis was going to but now Im fighting them tooth and nail to court and beyond(if there is one),they are getting nothing.

Hi, please could you give me your opinions. Recently my finances have meant that I can't afford my monthly repayments and I have missed my first repayment in years. Should I speak to MBNA or pursue the CCA that I received. The copy they sent me seems to have all the precribed terms (could be a copy and paste job) but it is so small it is illegible.

I don't know what course to take, suggestions please.

Why not post up the agreement omitting personal details

Have MBNA sent you a Default Notice ?

Have you sent off a SAR to MBNA ?

Edited by supasnooper
removed irrelevant info