Seperate Buildings insurance on a leasehold property

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4060 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Guys.

Its renewal time for me again. I have just got some quotes on contents only as i live in a leasehold which also pays my buildings insurance.

In the past 2 years i have lived at the property i have mistakenly paid buildings insurance as as well as my contents insurance (outside of the lease).

Is there any way of cliaming the buildings insurance back if i can prove i already had insurance as a part of my lease?

Hi crazeuk and welcome to cag:)

I very much doubt it. You bought insurance cover it is not the insurance companies fault that you didn't need it. Have you double checked your leasehold does definatly have buildings cover on it?

Hi Wino, thanks for the welcome.

It definitly does, i only realised because i got a letter from the lease company telling me they are changing the way the insurance is billed.

I ask the question because i know a friend of mine had two insurnaces on his car accidentally, and he contact one company, they said providing you can show the cover note for the other policy showing the car as covered they will provide you a refund.

I had two buildings insurances last year. One I thought was just contents and I only realised when they were up for renewal. I asked the question of a refund to both companies and was told no as I had asked for the cover and they had provided me with it.