O2 porting problem. What can I do?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'll try to keep this brief. I signed up for an iPhone contract with O2 on 06/10/2009 and asked for my current Vodafone number to be ported over when purchasing the phone.

I was advised that this would take 48 hours to complete. To cut a long story short, as of today 17/10/2009 my number still is not ported correctly and I am receiving a 'split service'. When making calls from the iPhone using the supplied O2 sim-card the correct ported number displays, however, when anyone tries to call or text me, they all get routed to my Vodafone sim-card which means I have to carry 2 phones around.

After numerous calls and complaint e-mails, O2 have basically tried to blame Vodafone. My 14 day cooling off period is almost over so I really want to know what my options are.

I want an iPhone but obviously without the split service. Am I entitled to ask for a months credit on my account due to the service I have received and stick with O2 until it is sorted?

I want to keep my orginal number from Vodafone either by sticking with 02 or with another operator. If I cancel the contract within the 14 day period, will O2 give me a PAC given the 'split-service' issues?

Is it just easier for me to cancel the contract [within the cooling off period] and start afresh with a new number?

No it isn't - the proting fault is not a reason to cancel, but they DO have to rectify it - it remains O2's problem as they have not correclty copleted the port - they can blame T-Mobile if they want, but it is THEIR job to deal with your complaint and resolve it. So you need to get your complaint escalated, as you are no longer a Vodafone customer, they will not deal with you.