Blemain Finance Warning

nacholibre
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4910 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just a warning to all of you considering blemain finance as a loan company.

i made the huge mistake of using this company , reccommended to me by ocean finance. the company insist i take out a joint loan with my wife. i thought nothing of this -until i missed a payment. what blemain do is their small print states that they can ring or mail you upto 4 warnings per month at £35 . what they mean is 4 times per person even though its the same loan. This is a max of £280 charges per month, which when disputed, they state is reasonable as they have capped it to 4 per month. i has 2 letters and 2 calls on the same day.

i lost my job and asked them to defer the payments or part payments until i was back at work. they issued a summons to reposess my house in response.when i questioned it with them at monarch recoveries ( their in house debt collectors), they said they going to 'take my house'

the small print states that if you dont provide them with a copy of your house insurance by a deadline, they will charge you an inflated insurance to cover the house and charge it to your loan. i sent it but they claim they never received it . my house insurance is £230 per year. they charged me £634 and refuse to send a copy of the cover they state they are providing me with.

i asked them for a breakdown of charges so far on the account. they sent me a statement of repayments so far without the charges being listed. six requests so far and nothing forthcoming.

i have since got back on track and intend speaking to the fsa about them but blemain will not send me a list of charges , as i suspect they know it will be damning.

if you are with blemain already - send everything by recorded post as they will deny receiving it, and insist on a list of charges. good luck

if you are not with blemain yet -you have been warned.THIS IS NOT THE ONLY GRIPE ABOUT THEM ON THE INTERNET.

THIS POST IS FACTUAL AND IS IN NO WAY SLANDEROUS/LIBELOUS. I AM HAPPY TO PROVIDE EVIDENCE OF THE CONTENT.IT IS MEANT AS A WARNING TO OTHERS

Nach have u made a complaint to the FOS ?

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Years ago we had a mortgage with a company who were terrible with their charges. If you were late paying charges piled on and a lot of people had their houses repossesed within 3 -6 months of first getting into trouble with payments. The charges just spiraled and it was very difficult to get back on top of things as the company did not care and had some very dodgy practices. Roger Cook exposed them on a documentary and they got closed down only to reinvent themselves as a different company. A lot of people suffered under this company.

As pompeyfaith suggests make sure you report to FOS

• 6 months later...
just a warning to all of you considering blemain finance as a loan company.

i made the huge mistake of using this company , reccommended to me by ocean finance. the company insist i take out a joint loan with my wife. i thought nothing of this -until i missed a payment. what blemain do is their small print states that they can ring or mail you upto 4 warnings per month at £35 . what they mean is 4 times per person even though its the same loan. This is a max of £280 charges per month, which when disputed, they state is reasonable as they have capped it to 4 per month. i has 2 letters and 2 calls on the same day.

i lost my job and asked them to defer the payments or part payments until i was back at work. they issued a summons to reposess my house in response.when i questioned it with them at monarch recoveries ( their in house debt collectors), they said they going to 'take my house'

the small print states that if you dont provide them with a copy of your house insurance by a deadline, they will charge you an inflated insurance to cover the house and charge it to your loan. i sent it but they claim they never received it . my house insurance is £230 per year. they charged me £634 and refuse to send a copy of the cover they state they are providing me with.

i asked them for a breakdown of charges so far on the account. they sent me a statement of repayments so far without the charges being listed. six requests so far and nothing forthcoming.

i have since got back on track and intend speaking to the fsa about them but blemain will not send me a list of charges , as i suspect they know it will be damning.

if you are with blemain already - send everything by recorded post as they will deny receiving it, and insist on a list of charges. good luck

if you are not with blemain yet -you have been warned.THIS IS NOT THE ONLY GRIPE ABOUT THEM ON THE INTERNET.

THIS POST IS FACTUAL AND IS IN NO WAY SLANDEROUS/LIBELOUS. I AM HAPPY TO PROVIDE EVIDENCE OF THE CONTENT.IT IS MEANT AS A WARNING TO OTHERS

10000 borrowed 6000 repaid yet i owe over 16000 because of missed payments grrrrrrrrrrrr

• 4 months later...

Blemain Finance are the worst company in the world to deal with they think themselves above the law i have a loan with them and missed 2 payments but i did call them and tell them that payments would be made as i had been off work, they very easily told me they were taking me to court for my house even though i had phoned them and made the aware of the situation, anyway upshot of it was they took me to court and reposs was suspended on the grounds that i paid something off the arreas each month to which i have to say had doubled in size since going to court where they got that amount from i will never know as they are very underhanded. i went to seek advice from the CAb because in between going to court and making the payments that the court had ordered they had somehow managed to obtain a eviction notice after the court date i was at my wits end they obviously did not listen to that judge when he made the order to get that notice i recieved the warrant of eviction 3 weeks before it was due to happen so again back to court i went, but they was forced to cancel it due to the fact i had not missed a payment the CAB were really helpful put me in touch with a solicitor who is dealing with this but alas she herself is up against them for they are still trying for a second time to get another repsoss on my house i have yet been served another notice of failing to make court order payments i have copies of all bank payments made and all are on time this has been going on over 2 years now and i see no light at the end of it as they are still messing around when it comes to getting anywhere with them, my solicitor has now instructed a barrister to look at this case as she feels what they have done is unenforceable she is hoping to get this sorted soon but like i said it has taken 2 years so far and every month i am in receipt of 2 letters from Blemain which ther is a chare of 35 pound to my account so it is all just building up and adding futher costs to myself so guys any help would be most welcome

hi all in all my loan was for 25,000 but now it has reached almost 32,000 pounds and climbing so far the letters are arriving at 2 a month have spoken to my solicitor and so far she has to get in touch with her barrister and then to cap it all on saturday i get a letter saying i have fallen behind with my court order ha ha never i have every single receipt the bank gave me but they have tried every trick in the book to get me to phone them, however as my solicitor is dealing with it she will be getting in contact with them i cannot wait to see if they get another eviction notice as last time they ended up looking daft in court when i had produced all relevant paperwork the judge made them pay my court costs so i will be keeping you informed how i get on and thank you for your query, satan

• 2 months later...

After five years of haveing a loan with blemain i asked for a ballance and was shocked when i relized the loan amount is the same also i was missold ppi with the loan but i cannot claim it back got as far as fos they said i could not do any thing .just resentl i was offered free solar pannels of british gas when british gas asked blemain for permission they said yes but wanted £250 pounds for the letter this company are modern day cowboys and i would not recomend them