• Tweets

• Thanks Andy - I really do need to read up!  
    • I am going through an ongoing dispute with Sainsbury’s re them not backdating my default. This is my complaint    I would like to further the following complaint registered initially in September last year.   You18 Sep 2019 7:05PM I entered into a Debt Management Plan via Stepchange in 2018. Having checked my credit report I have noted that you have not defaulted my account in relation to this DMP despite going into arrears. The OCI advises that as a general guide defaults should be recorded between 3–6 months after the arrears were first incurred. All my other creditors have defaulted me within 12 months of entering the DMP which has resulted in the correct entries being on my file for the correct amount of time, namely 6 years, and I would ask that you consider amending my record and recording a default at the correct time on my file. Obviously the failure to record the default has an adverse effect on my credit rating as the debt will remain on my credit report now 6 years from the date that the debt is paid in full which is due to be 2022 and therefore will remain there until 2028 .I look forward to hearing from you as to whether you are willing to amend my records and mark the account as defaulted.    Even though I kept reiterating my complaint and saying I wanted this to be in writing only due to my anxiety and mental health Sainsbury’s bank still Insisted on me calling. I suffer badly with anxiety, panic discorder and depression and have done so and been Medicated for this since 2008, shortly when my money problems started. As I am sure you can understand speaking about this on the phone gives me a large amount of stress and makes it impossible for me to think clearly and retain information afterward. Further to these emails I was asked AGAIN to call Sainsbury's, I felt I was getting nowhere and forced into this method of communication. I spoke to an advisor who insisted that AP markers were not as bad as a default on my account and would not drop off longer. I am sure you can find a recording of this conversation and listen to it yourself. I was made to feel stupid for this complaint and that I was in the wrong and that for my account to be defaulted would be much worse for my credit score on the future. The lady almost scoffed at what I was sayIng. I came off the call and felt silly and wrong, I decided to leave it as I thought a trained member of your staff had told me otherwise. I have now spoken to various trained professionals who have indeed confirmed I was right in my original complaint and that the AP markers will adversely affect my account for longer ! I am very upset I have been given false information which led me not to carry on with my complaint adversely affecting my credit and ultimately my future.  Please can this complaint be passed on to someone higher in the department who understands how this works. I would like my account defaulted from the missed payment dates in 2018 and a response to my complaint ASAP. I hope you can appreciate this Is an urgent and serious matter.   - Sainsbury’s have got back to me and said they won’t uphold the complaint. They say the advise given about AP markers affecting your account less than defaults is correct which it clearly isn’t and that I didn’t state at the time when I was requesting everything in writing my mental health issues they were still ok to insist on my calling instead of communicating with me in writing which I think is incorrect, if I have requested communication in writing then they should do it whether they know the ins and outs of my health.   can anyone advise on how I can respond to them?    TIA
    • Not section 75...thats for credit card payment.
    • Unfortunately I haven't no, I believe that it might still be a possibility to do so, however as I was cancelling under the 14 days I didn't think it would be beneficial. 
    • I want to go now, because of the way they've done it. I still don't think I should just accept it though if they haven't followed procedures. Are you telling me that people who have sued for unfair dismissal have all wanted to go back to their jobs? I want more compensation. I have a family and ill be given the very basic amount for redundancy on a time where job competition is massive! 
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 6 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3537 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Cor blimey ! ! :eek:

Didn't even have time to start the thread on this one.

Posted a complaint to EGG over mis selling ppi 2 days ago, this morning Postie brings a total rejection/final response letter containing a photocopy of a screen shot in 'real time' of my on line application whereby the ppi box is clearly ticked - 'therefore we will not uphold your complaint and this is our Final Response'.

48 hrs for a rejection - is this a record?

Beachy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beachy, that is fast :eek:. Can I ask when your agreement was taken out? what shows that the 'real time' screen shot relates to YOUR application? How do you know that the PPI was not preselected? (unless of course you remember ticking it?)

I have a claim against egg in court for PPI mis-selling and they have never produced a single screen shot of the application process, just Application Review (AR) pages, that they claim was captured at the time of the application.

Would you mind posting the screen shot(s) minus and private information?

Cor blimey ! ! :eek:

Didn't even have time to start the thread on this one.

Posted a complaint to EGG over mis selling ppi 2 days ago, this morning Postie brings a total rejection/final response letter containing a photocopy of a screen shot in 'real time' of my on line application whereby the ppi box is clearly ticked - 'therefore we will not uphold your complaint and this is our Final Response'.

48 hrs for a rejection - is this a record?

Beachy

Beachy, that is fast :eek:. Can I ask when your agreement was taken out? what shows that the 'real time' screen shot relates to YOUR application? How do you know that the PPI was not preselected? (unless of course you remember ticking it?)

Put them to strick proof of the quote by e_inspired IMO.

They must surely be able to show a blank form online or written instruction stating if you do not require PPI please untick the box. Either way I reckon the online tick in the box issue is extremely dodgy for them :eek:

They also cannot now show todays online details forms as they well have changed the format from the time your application was submitted.

Outright refusal gives you a straight to the FOS scenario.

Good luck ;)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

The exact same thing happened to me! A reply from EGG in 2 Days! Anty how im wanting some answers too as to what to do next. Please help if anyone can. I| ahve uploaded the pics which were taken with my phone.

rizynk.jpg

2eb7spy.jpg

29ghg5z.jpg

Sorry haven't been able to post up docs., having a rough time with work issues & still browsing using my mobile.

My forms is exactly the same as Wilchy's, as you will notice their is no tick box or any reference to agreeing to have ppi accept for the box containg the words 'Unemployment sickness & Life'

I notice their statement 'manual alteration by EGG staff is not possible'

mind boggles!

Straight to FOS on this one I think, unless there is something I can fire back at EGG.

Beachy

hi beachy my experience with egg exactly the same as yrs all standard i think, i have just won my case with the fos and am waiting on the cheque id say just go straight to the fos as i wasted a good few months playing letter ping pong with them and they didnt change their stance at all mine was an online application from 2003 and the ppi was pre selected same real time app as you though good luck :D

hi beachy my experience with egg exactly the same as yrs all standard i think, i have just won my case with the fos and am waiting on the cheque id say just go straight to the fos as i wasted a good few months playing letter ping pong with them and they didnt change their stance at all mine was an online application from 2003 and the ppi was pre selected same real time app as you though good luck :D

Thanks, you' ve boosted my spirits quite a bit, I have been thinking about going to the FOS, EGG seem pretty determined in their response, as you say why bother playing ping pong with them, the only difference to the screen shot posted by wilchy is that mine clearly states self employed.

so it'll be a letter to the FOS tomorrow :D

Thanks again,

Beachy

• 3 weeks later...
Wrote to EGG asking for them to reconsider their express delivery 'bog off) letter.

Yet again a 'bog off' letter within 48 hours of me posting my letter.

Complaint en route to FOS.

Beachy

I still watch beachy.

PPI busy forum but keep at them and FOS will be slow but uphold most complaints and it is free so you can expect some cash back IMO.

RECONSIDER they will not do DELAY they will do. They know now PPI was a serious regulatory risk and they lost out so the aim of the game is to hang on to the monies they gained for as long as possible up to the wire hence all the delaying tactics.

IMO always write complaints to the ICO, FSA, FOS, OFT, BBA and compain like there is no tomorrow ;)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

just had my cheque beachy as well as a little surprise of £200 compensation from egg 6 months from start to finish i only wish i had gone to the fos sooner :)

Please do not forget to post this in the PPI successes thread in the stickies at the top of the forum after all a win is a win :D

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

• 1 month later...

H A P P Y N E W Y E A R EVERBODY :)

Letter received this morning from the FOS upholding my complaint against EGG.

So much for 'you ticked the box on line for PPI - we're not refunding' :D

Lets wait for their 'refund offer'.

All the best for the new year.

Beachy ;)

Good grief FOS were quick!! I am waiting for the FOS regarding an Egg CC claim, applied in 2001, its with an adjudicator right now - fingers crossed!! Well Done on Your Win!!!! Happy New Year!!

Subbing,

Just starting mine (again). I wrote to Egg June 08 and got a sharp response back stating "you applied on-line so bog off". That was pre-Cag. Have since fallen out with Egg. Got my SAR back before christmas and spent yesterday going through the statements and applying the calcs for interest kindly supplied by Pompeyfaith.

It appears that the PPI on the card plus interest is nearly £14k!!!

Think maybe I should start a thread in the PPI forum.

Interesting bits of the SAR are 1) No sign of an application 2) Executed agreement is in there with no mention of PPI??? 3) Got a copy back of my letter and their response from June 08 - handy as i'd lost it lol.

Did you get your statements Beachy?

Happy New Year,

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Beachy,

Congratulations my friend it is heart warming that you sir have finally got a result under your belt.

Well Done

Enjoy 2010

Regards

PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Well done on this

Happy new year

LDG

IF YOU FEEL I HAVE HELPED YOU AT ALL PLEASE FEEL FREE TO TIP MY SCALES.

NATWEST PPI SUCCESS £490 25/08/09

NATWEST PPI 2nd CLAIM WON £1135 02/10/09

A & L PPI £395 WON

CREATION CLAIM PARTIAL REFUND £1825 01/04/10 NOW OFF TO FOS FOR THE REST

BARCLAYCARD STILL PENDING

LITTLEWOODS DCA . DEBT WIPED OUT AND CREDIT FILE UPDATED 23/09/09

H A P P Y N E W Y E A R EVERBODY :)

Letter received this morning from the FOS upholding my complaint against EGG.

So much for 'you ticked the box on line for PPI - we're not refunding' :D

Lets wait for their 'refund offer'.

All the best for the new year.

Beachy ;)

Well done, that was exceptionally quick. I sent my complaint to the FOS in March and was only allocated to an adjudicator at the beginning of November. Have heard nothing further although I received FOS letters on my 2 Egg claims this morning stating that they were waiting to be allocated to an adjudicator. I did ring up and they said it was a mistake and my 2 complaints are still with the adjudicator.

I have one for on-line misselling. The second complaint is for a refund that was my applied to my loan inlcuding the payments made to date and I felt they should have been refunded to me.

Well done again.

Thanks everyone,

Seeing they took a fairly tough line I was surprised they 'rolled over' so quick after I went to the FOS.

I couldn't have done all this (and other PPI successes) without help, support & encouragement from alanalana & pompeyfaith to whom I thank from the bottom of my heart.

Just have to sit back & await Eggs refund offer & hope for once I get a cheque as the card has been closed for about 4 years, so I can donate to CAG ( my worry is that they will offset the refund against a loan I have with them - which will be my next PPI attack as I was told I had to have it even though I'm self employed).

Happy New Year CAGGERS.

Beachy's last post for 2009 :D

• 1 month later...

Highly disappointed.

I dont know whether to trust the FOS anymore, they found in my favour & told EGG to refund PPI, I had to sign an acceptance form before the FOS would instruct EGG to refund.

This morning I received a cheque from EGG in full & final settlement.

My PPI claim was for £1,614 BEFORE ANY INTEREST - Egg refunded £746.21 + 8% £337.62.

Needless to say I'm very disappointed. :-x

Highly disappointed.

I dont know whether to trust the FOS anymore, they found in my favour & told EGG to refund PPI, I had to sign an acceptance form before the FOS would instruct EGG to refund.

This morning I received a cheque from EGG in full & final settlement.

My PPI claim was for £1,614 BEFORE ANY INTEREST - Egg refunded £746.21 + 8% £337.62.

Needless to say I'm very disappointed. :-x

So can you argue this on the basis that you have to sign the acceptance without knowing what you're accepting?

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Hi M,

Long time no contact :)

Got smoke comin' outa my ears at the moment, My calculations was for about £4k including interest.

I had this discussion with the FOS over another card reclaim, if I didnt sign the acceptance form the FOS wouldnt pass it to the creditor and would close my complaint, that one has not been settled yet and I now desperately want to withdraw that form and proceed to court. They tolsd me that the creditor 'should' advise the settlement breakdown for final acceptance before making the refund.

Feel I've been 'had' over this Egg one, working it out this morning I cant even arrive at the same figure as Egg no matter which way I work the figures.

BC

Hello Beachy!

Needless to say I'm very disappointed.
Chin up, just regard it as a down payment!

Next step is to write to Egg, demanding the balance, or you will take them to Court, and you will add s69 8% County Courts Act 1984 interest, right from the outset until the Claim is settled.

I'd also investigate Restitution, and consider a larger Claim for that, at their Contractual Rates, and Compounded not Simple Interest!

You now have the advantage of a FOS decision in your favour, i.e. irrespective of the amount they have paid (so far), FOS agreed it was miss-sold.

You have a leg up for Court already, and Eggy will know this!

It's a PITA, but next step has to be Court...go through all the motions, keep a tab on your Bill of Costs in case you get a chance to hit them with costs (it can happen, depending on Track and if Track is even allocated by the time you win), and be prepared to take it all the way in case they do not back down.

Don't get mad, get even!

Cheers,

BRW

Edited by banker_rhymes_with
Forgot a bit!