Nationwide-campaign started today

Guest enforcer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest enforcer

I sent my first letter off today regarding the illegal charges made against me and my wife for just under £1700. totalled in just 12 months.

I got my charges of their website you can request up to 15 months worth of charges/statements etc.[very helpfull aren't they].Anyway sent it by recorded delivery giving them 14 days to re-imburse me,if they decide not to comply ill see them in court.

ill obviousley be on here for the forseeable future as if im successfull the lloydtsb are gonna be next. ITS PAYBACK TIME!

Guest enforcer

This is my new account ive only had it approx 14 months..they like to take extra special care of new customers?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest enforcer

ive just recieved the standard t&c's letter foboff from the nationwide so have just drafted this second letter to send off on monday.hope ots ok. any ideas?

following this if i dont get the required response ill be on moneyclaim.gov.uk on the 15th day.

should i only give them 7 days to reply to the second letter. as i dont want this to drag on forever?

Dannielle Block

Team Leader

Branch Service Centre

18th February 2006

Re: Penalty Charges on Account / xxxxxxxxxxxx

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Dear Ms Block,

Thankyou for your reply to my letter sent on the 9th February 2006 regarding penalty charges made to my Flexaccount.

I am well aware,you apply a fee for a transaction that causes an unauthorised overdraft,or takes an account over its agreed overdraft limit.However i feel that your charges are not levied in an ''appropriate and transparent manner'' as if you would care to read my first letter again, i requested that you send me a full and detailed breakdown of how charges are compiled.

I Qoute:

''I am aware that under your terms and conditions that charges are made to recover any losses that you may incur following a transaction made against an account without sufficient funds to cover the transaction. However if you would like to send me a detailed breakdown outlining how your estimates are made, It would be very appreciated. As I believe that these are not a pre-estimate but are punitive and represent a penalty for the process of money making, therefore are irrecoverable under common law. Further to the 1999 Consumer Credit Regulations quoted by the OFT there are numerous cases in law that prove punitive charges in contracts are unenforceable at English Law.''

I therefore insist that you refund these charges totaling a sum of xxxxx [xxxx.xx] within 14 days from receipt of this letter. If you decide to decline my offer of settlement, I will start proceedings for recovery through the county courts where I will also be seeking costs and interest at 8% as allowed by the County Courts Act [1984].I have enclosed a detailed account of interest calculated to the date of this letter, currently totalling xxxxxx.[xx.xx].This sum, as i am sure you are aware will increase up untill my county court claim is submitted.Thus bringing the total claim being in excess of xxxx[xxxxxxxxxx]including costs.

If you once again decline my offer of settlement, i will proceed with my County Court claim on the 15th day.

Yours Faithfully,

I'm about to send them the same letter on Monday. I wrote to them asking them not to take any charges out of my account, they haven't even bothered replying and took the money out anyway leaving me £300 overdrawn. Nice people.

£949.54 reclaimed from Nationwide June 06

Guest enforcer

theyve refunded £200 today..my 2nd letter must have crossed in the mail..im still going for the full amount but its nice to know theyre sitting up and listening...

Guest enforcer

theyve refunded £200 today..my 2nd letter must have crossed in the mail..im still going for the full amount but its nice to know theyre sitting up and listening...

• 1 month later...

just to keep you up to date...filed claim with stafford county court giving them till 5th april to answer..they filed on the 4th for an extra 14 days to consider..so its the 19th april to see if they are going to defend....question....has any bank yet defended in court..ive searched on here and it seems they all coff up just before court dates if not before....

i think i might have won!...checked my online account today and have had £1357.70 refunded? stating refund of interest..now my claim was for just under £1600..but i might have miscalculated as i was refunded approx £200+ about 8 months ago..but i couldn't find it in my online statement so i ignored it...so i think that might be the lot...any way ill have to wait till the postman comes tomorrow to confirm for sure...so congrats to me..and thanx BAG for your help....now for the Lloydstsb...lol....dont ya just love it......Enforcer...

i wouldn't have thought so as technically they have refunded you your money..but they are behaving very strangely lately..giving up without a fight or any conditions imposed...they have obviousley got more money than sense...i am now going to help all my family and friends get their money back...lol....i hope it ruins the money grabbing gits..

Guest Lueeze

good idea! Its never happened before but Its best to find out for others who will no doubt come across it too!

their 24hr helpline said its refund of interest would include unpaid dd's and unauthorised odraft etc and that a letter would have been sent out. it will proberbly arrive tommorow...anyway victory is sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks