style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

I need some help please. I recently had the joy of dealing with a bailiff. I owed Rossendales some £900.00 and had to pay them £140.00 per month. I made regular payments and when I couldnt make it on time I rang and advised them of when I will make the payment. When it came to making the last payment I could only afford to pay £70.00 thinking that I would make the other payment later. A few days later my dad had a stroke and lived with me for 7 weeks. I totally forgot about the £70.00

Needless to say the bailiff turned up last week, demanded I pay him £264.50 within minutes or another bailiff would turn up and the cost would go up to £400.00. He started making a list of things in the house and even looked at things that belonged to my housemate. He said he would take everything I had and that I had to prove that things belonged to my housemate by showing him invoices and receipts. My housemate was at work and wasnt happy about his stuff being taken.

I had to run to the neighbours and borrow money. Ive paid him but think the charges were unfair!

Have I any rights in the matter?

Kind Regards

Pinlaro

Hi guys

I need some help please. I recently had the joy of dealing with a bailiff. I owed Rossendales some £900.00 and had to pay them £140.00 per month.

What was this for, Council Tax?

I made regular payments and when I couldnt make it on time I rang and advised them of when I will make the payment. When it came to making the last payment I could only afford to pay £70.00 thinking that I would make the other payment later. A few days later my dad had a stroke and lived with me for 7 weeks. I totally forgot about the £70.00

Needless to say the bailiff turned up last week, demanded I pay him £264.50 within minutes or another bailiff would turn up and the cost would go up to £400.00.

Has he given you a list of his charges, if so post them so we can have a look and advise?

He started making a list of things in the house and even looked at things that belonged to my housemate.

Did he leave you with the paperwork, what exactly did he list?

He said he would take everything I had and that I had to prove that things belonged to my housemate by showing him invoices and receipts. My housemate was at work and wasnt happy about his stuff being taken.

I had to run to the neighbours and borrow money. Ive paid him but think the charges were unfair!

More than likely you have been ripped off but you can claim the charges backif unlawful, in particular have a read through some of the posts by Happy Contrails - his letters are a pleasure.

Yes, the right not to be screwed.

Kind Regards

Pinlaro

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest Happy Contrails

You can reclaim unlawful bailiff charges within six years of paying them. Theres a nifty way to do it but...

I'll Echo PT's questions. How much fees? how much debt? what kind of debt?